• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

homeowners ins & fraud

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

justme67

What is the name of your state? massachusetts

during a restraing order and prior to a divorce my ex - husband sold our home to his dad for $1.00. Probate court ordered this to be a "fradualant transfer of propery" and ordered my fater-in-law to deed his interest back to his son and his son to transfer half his interest back to me...the judge also awarded me and my girls "use and occupancy" till my youngest was 18 and my ex to pay the mortgage, taxes and INSURANCE on our home as a credit to his child support obligation. my father-law apealed and never transferered "interest" back to his son as the court ordered since it was pending appeal, during the wait on the apeal, me and my girls were burned out of our house"no arrests have been made as of yet, i recently wrote to the attorney general", the father in law lost on his appeal. meanwhile the insurance company, following the fire switched the home owners ins. from home owners to dwelling because james did not live in the house, my ex's name was on ins. policy but james deleted it 6 months before the fire and 6 months after our divorce order. the ins. co claims i have no claim, only my father in law. my father in law has taken me to court several times in an atempt to get "all the money" . my question is this? what is the law in regard to family members as his grandchildren lived in the home...is the is. co right even though in essence i paid the policy through my child support which my ex recieved credit on?? the insurance co recently offered me $1.00 and my father in law $65,000. why would they do that? it seems very insulting to me.

T

toasted

I would send the court papers to the insurance company. I would also tell them any monies they pay to the fil will more than likely be over turned and they will have to again pay the same amount to you and then they will have to deal with fil.

Then I would get my lawyer to get me back in court ASAP. Since you have no place to live this also changes your support since your ex isn't providing you a house to live in.

Your ex did his changing after the fact so it should have no bearing on what was in force at the time.

And your father in law lost his appeal so he has no standing in my opinion.

J

justme67

happened 3 years ago

the fire was 3 years ago so the insurance co. knows the findings in ALL courts...i have a lawyer through legal services...who's been with me for 6 years...she's great...but still the insurance co makes a claim that i am not entitled to anything and as it stands now , the insurance co has that offer of $1.00 on me and $65,000, on my father in law...the money is to be paid to superior court to be distributed, but even after all this i still do not understand this offer and my father in law again took me to superior just last week, claiming insurance is private agreement between the insured (himself) and the insurance co...

i just wondering the law on family members living in an ."insured house and why they offer me $1.00.

still it does not include personal property...i don't want to sue my father in law...i want to get away from here....fast

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">