• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Homeowners Insurance Claim

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

H

honestme

I put in a Homeowners chaim, for a burst drain pipe in my kitchen wall, behind my lower cupboards. I called a contractor to break into the wall to expose the problem.
His expert opinion was that the cause was bursting due to poor original construction, causing a weak area. He also found some newly rotted wood that he said was probably previous, totally separate and not adding to any cause or damage to the burst.

The adjuster called it a combination of long-term damage and a burst and said if they find both the policy doesn't pay for the burst. There is extensive damage from the water from the burst. There were no other leaks or problems.

The contractor and he disagreed totally on the "legnth of time" it took to create the new water damage. The adjuster insisted it was slow (not covered), the contractor said "definately a few weeks".

What can I do to fight the unfairness of the adjuster twisting the facts to ADD this old unrelated damage to the new flooding?? He is adding on some unrelated, very-slight rotting and making it into damage that is not covered. Saying it takes t i m e to rot!
Please advise on any laws to help me fight this!
I need your help!

ALawyer

Tell the insurance company that you believe that they, and the adjuster are acting in BAD FAITH by failing to approve the claim, that you have the backing of an expert that will show the 2 matters are separate, and if you do not hear from them within 5 days you will retain have to counsel. Copy the state insurance department too.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">