• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Homeowners Insurance

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

kab

I had a fire in my home on August 20, 2000. The Kitchen burned down. We had question about the amount of money the adjuster gave us to repair the house. We needed more to repair kitchen. Vesta/Shelby Insurance out of AL assigned us a new adjuster. Yes! he gave us more money for the kitchen $1,000 however he cut the rest of the money by $10,000.00. My question is can they cut the amount once this was agreed upon. As of today they have given $4,500 in personal money. I got put out of the apartment because they would not pay the rent. They will not reinburse me for food. I had six months to finish the job. I submitted all paperwork for final payment. It has been two weeks and I have not receive any money for the insurance. I can't get my house contents from the cleaning company because the insurance company will not pay them. They will not give me any money to replace items that were disstored in the fire. What are my options against this insurance company. Every time I call the insurance company he tell me he is reviewing my paperwork. Is it best that I get a attorney to settle this case. If so can I have the insurance company pay all legal fees

Karen
Illinois

ALawyer

Quite frankly negotiating with any insuarnce company is not a job for amatuers. Read the information on the Q&As under Auto Insurance and Adjusters. They are NOT your friends. Get a lawyer now, and tell the lawyer the insurer may be engaging in "bad faith". Alabama juries have been incredibly hard on companies that act in bad faith. Then the insurer will stop treating you as a fool.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">