• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Homeowners Insurance

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

tamie3968

I am in Georgia. On Jan 17, 2000, my home was destroyed by fire. When the insurance company paid the claim the check was made only to me. I called and questioned them but was assured to go ahead and start the rebuilding. My mortgage company did not agree. They wanted to only pay my mortgage. They have since sued the insurance company and have halted anymore payments of my personal property to me due to this. I had to seek refinancing on a home not finished and it costs me several thousands of dollars in lost equity. My home is now going to be in foreclosure because I cannot afford to make the payments on the new mortgage and did not have enough money to finish the house because we did not have replacement cost insurance. Is there any legal recourse that I can take due to this chain of events?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">