• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Homeowners Policy - Unfair claims prac.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

G

Geriann

What is the name of your state? Georgia

We tried to file a claim in 2000 due to structural damage to our home. Our agent would not file a claim chalking the damage up to settlement because it was built in 1999. We have started repairing the home and the contractor feels that lightening hit our slab. During that same year (2000), we had a big tree come down due to lightening which the ins paid for. Now, we can't get an adjustor to come look at the slab and the agent still hasn't filed a claim. - Our house is gutted and we are trying to live there. Where should I start?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Geriann said:
What is the name of your state? Georgia

We tried to file a claim in 2000 due to structural damage to our home. Our agent would not file a claim chalking the damage up to settlement because it was built in 1999. We have started repairing the home and the contractor feels that lightening hit our slab. During that same year (2000), we had a big tree come down due to lightening which the ins paid for. Now, we can't get an adjustor to come look at the slab and the agent still hasn't filed a claim. - Our house is gutted and we are trying to live there. Where should I start?

My response:

You have a couple of choices:

1. Pack up, abandon the property, and move to sunny southern California! or, if that's not feasible,

2. See a local attorney familiar with insurance law, and to have your policy reviewed against your claims, to see if the insurance company is in Bad Faith.

Good luck to you.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">