• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

homeowners won't cover tree roots/future liability

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

E

E. R. Johnson

California - My neighbor's invasive tree roots have caused me to replace a 20 foot section of wooden fence, and are buckling my brick sideyard patio. My neighbor has said he won't remove the tree. When I called my homeowners insurance to make a claim on the fence repair I paid for, they said they won't cover tree root damage of any kind since it occurs over time rather than as a sudden incident. To stop further damage to my patio (and fix patio damage so far)homeowners said I should be with my rights to cut and remove the tree roots invading my property, but I've heard here in California that I'm not supposed to cut a neighbors tree roots or limbs even if they extend into my property. How can I cut the roots and fix my patio without exposing myself to some kind of liability, and does homeowners have more responsiblity to help with my fence and (anticipated)patio repair costs than they're acknowledging?

JETX

shortbena said:
california what is the law?
Congratulations!!! You have won the big one!!!
You have set a new low for intelligence on this forum by posting to a thread that is not one year, not two years, but more than THREE YEARS old.

You will be receiving your "I am a dumbass" certificate in the mail, personally signed by the Chairman Emeritus, Bill Clinton!!

And again, we would like to congratulate you for showing the entire world how stupid you really are!!! You have set a new low on this forum.... something that surely someone will aim below. Your parents should be proud!!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">