• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Homeowners

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

baj2002

What is the name of your state? Tennessee

My best friend Homeowners gave her a 30 day notice that her insurance would be dropped due to claim frequency. She has had $11,873. in claims since 2001 which has been 6 claims.

She can't find any insurance company that will take her. She has called the consumer insurance in Tenneesee, which turned out not to be to helpful.

Any input on what she can do? She has to have insurance by Dec. 24th.

Thank you

HomeGuru

baj2002 said:
What is the name of your state? Tennessee

My best friend Homeowners gave her a 30 day notice that her insurance would be dropped due to claim frequency. She has had $11,873. in claims since 2001 which has been 6 claims.

She can't find any insurance company that will take her. She has called the consumer insurance in Tenneesee, which turned out not to be to helpful.

Any input on what she can do? She has to have insurance by Dec. 24th.

Thank you
**A: I guess a visit to Santa is in order.

She needs to stop using her homeowners insurance as a maintenance account. A policy is designed to be used for major claims. 6 claims in a 3 year period is rediculous and no insurance company in their right mind will want to take on a risk such as your friend.

Check to see if your state has an insurance pool for risks that are unable to locate ins.

L

LJLaw

Our son had this problem with a tenent who lost control often.. and his Mortgage company ended up putting him on their Insurance the moment he was "uninsured/uninsurable". Most do this when they see cancelled Insurance/no insurance. Doing it this way, through the Mortgage Co., costs a lot but at least your friend will have Insurance. This is to be expected with your friends situation of frequencies. Just sharing my own experience via our son..

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">