• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

"HomuGuru: you have a son"- condo advise

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

beale0

My mother moved into a 55+ condo on 11/18/00 in Florida. "Elaine" is neighbor below who started verbally informing mom of the excessive noise from above 3 days after moving in. Mom informed Elaine of the two grandkids who visit on Sunday from 10-11:30 am. (These visits were mentioned by mom to the board prior to the closing and was told it would be okay). Elaine has verbally told her that she is aware when she turns in for the night, washes dishes, etc. which is of concern to mom as it feels as if she is being watched. On 12/20, Mom had the kids from 9am-noon and Elaine called to say, the boys are there and making too much noise running in circles. She proceeded to say that she would formally complain and hung up. 12/22, two representatives of the board appeared at mom's door with a letter from Elaine claiming; 1) noise from running, 2) singing on the porch by the boys and 3) running a babysitting service from condo. These reps. said that the president of the board would contact mom with details of further action. (No copy of the letter was received by mom). President has not contacted mom yet. Reps. of board said they saw two possible resolutions, 1) no more vists from grandkids or 2) she move. Neither are acceptable options for mom. What are her rights? Can they make her either refrain from visits or move? Should she contact an attorney now or after president contacts her for meeting? Should mom write a letter stating basically what I've stated her with her responses to the claims and mail to president prior to the president contacting her? The board meeting is Jan.16 at which time mom is afraid the complaint letter will be read and resolution attempts would be made at that time publically. Would it be good to get the letter to the president so she could have the rebuttle for the meeting?

HomeGuru

I am responding right away due to your use of the secret code in the subject as provided to you by Legal Beagle.

Have Mom read the House Rules and other condo documents so she understands the rules. Then if and when there is another complaint, she knows more or less if she is in the wrong or the allegations of the Board is full of BS. As for Elaine, expect her to be a Royal pain in the tush from now on. If Mom has children over, she needs to be super sensitive to the needs of some of the old foggy condo unit dwellers that can't stand happy kids.

B

beale0

Thanks for the prompt reply. One more question, do you think it wise to send a note of her understanding of the complaint and her reply/comments on the issues?

HomeGuru

beale0 said:
Thanks for the prompt reply. One more question, do you think it wise to send a note of her understanding of the complaint and her reply/comments on the issues?
HomeGuru response: send a note to who: Santa, Tooth Fairy, President-Elect Georgie Porgie Bush, Governor Jeb Bush, Elaine, the grandkids parents, other parents, HOA Board?????

B

beale0

Sorry, I thought you'd reference the original memo. I meant would it be wise to send this letter to the President of the Board of Directors of her building. The verbal complaint was delivered to mom from two of the boards representatives (Vice Pres. and Director) and informed her that the President of the Board would be in touch to set up a meeting and discuss next steps. Appreciate any serious replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">