• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Hopital Bill In Collections

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

seschette

What is the name of your state? Louisiana

I have an emergency room bill that was sent to collections. I was always told that as long as you were making payments of some amount, medical bills would not to to collections.

I was in the ER one night then had to be readmitted the next night. Because of this, the hosp. gave me 2 accounts and it was reported as 2 accounts now in collections. Do I have any recourse and is it worth fighting to have it consolidated? This is the only negative thing on my report.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

seschette said:
What is the name of your state? Louisiana

I have an emergency room bill that was sent to collections. I was always told that as long as you were making payments of some amount, medical bills would not to to collections.

MY RESPONSE: Then, you were "told" wrong.

I was in the ER one night then had to be readmitted the next night. Because of this, the hosp. gave me 2 accounts and it was reported as 2 accounts now in collections. Do I have any recourse and is it worth fighting to have it consolidated? This is the only negative thing on my report.

MY RESPONSE: Recourse to do what? Not pay your bills? What would "consolidation" do for you? What would that matter if you aren't paying your bills anyway?

IAAL

bigun

Your best bet is go to the hospital billing office and see if you can make payment arrangements directly with the hospital and get it away from the collection agency.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">