• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Hospital does not accept Medicare

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state?NC
So, taken to the hospital on the military base....not given a choice. Ambulance claimed they are required by law to transport to the nearest trauma center.

So...after a hip replacement (fell off a balcony)...at discharge, I am given a paper that states that effective June 2015, the hospital does not accept Medicare.

Oh, wow. The bill is over $45,000 and the attending doctor bills are just starting to arrive, already up to $15,000 ...haven’t seen the surgeon bill yet.

I cannot find an application for reimbursement on Part A. The only forms I can find are for part B only.
How do I send this bill to Medicare? I cannot afford to pay this. Why did they take me there? There is another hospital just a couple miles from here where I would not have this hassle. How can Medicare not be acceptable to a hospital?

How do I get out of this mess? I have called Medicare....after long wait times, I am simply told to deal with the CMS. But, the CMS website states they only handle patient submission of bill on Part B only. They have no phone number, just a P.O. Box.

Help

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">