• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Hospital..Grrrrrrrrr

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

N

NME_one

I recently became a father (hooray) and I gave the administrators all the paperwork for the birth.

My fiancée gave them her insurance for her delivery and any other medical extras to be covered. She has "Cobra" until her company insurance kicks in for her. It only covers her and if she was to cover the baby, it would be much more $$.

I also have coverage (PPO), so I gave the administrators my insurance information and I saw them make a copy. I specifically advised them to make sure they bill me for my baby.

Weeks go by and my fiancée receives her bill for the delivery, no problem. I am still waiting for my bill to come in for the baby. I few more weeks pass by and I received a bill in my fiancée name and it is billed to her insurance! Her insurance is not going to pay because she didn’t have the coverage for the baby, that’s why I was going to cover the baby.

She called the hospital and was advised the baby’s bill is in collections!

She is trying to buy a car and this is going to ruin everything! This mistake was not of our, but the hospital.

Can a suite be viable or what can be done?

Chicago,IL

http://cwm.ragesofsanity.com/s/owen/newbie.gif

B

buddy2bear

Unless you have family coverage under your policy which specifically names your fiancee (which I doubt because unless the insurance covers a "significant other," since you are not husband/wife - which would be very progressive and that is one thing insurance companies are not noted for unless required by law), then she is not even covered under your policy! And, since she obviously went for individual coverage under her COBRA policy, she is fully responsible for the hospital costs not covered by her insurance. Suggest you call them and work out a payment schedule.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">