• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Hospital Housekeeping negligent ?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Raiyn

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Maryland

Hi, I was seen in the local ER last night for hernia/ abcess in my abdomin from a previous surgery. I was given Morphine for the pain.
Sometime after I was given the medicine.. I asked my Boyfriend for my bottle of water. Under the effect of the Morphine I obliviously drank , and drank ... Later during the discharge I noticed my bottle of water was still in my purse. He had assumed the bottle under the stretcher was mine=/// I freaked out ( I am a lab tech and have a good knowledge of infection control ) I insisted to see the on duty Infection control nurse, She down played the incident by saying there was little to no risk ... I exclaimed ! All the possibilities and implacations drinking from a bottle of unknown source in a hospital ER could have on my health. She then agreed a varience will be filed and she will have the bottle tested for bacteria.
In my opinion this is gross negligence on the hospitals part.That has a possibility of severe health issues if the water /bottle / previous owner of bottle carried a bacteria / virus...

Today I had the first BM after leaving the hospital and it was full of bright red blood ( a symptom I have never had before ) I left a message w/ the infection control nurse ad searched the internet for possible causes. Several possible causes can come from certian types of bateria and viruses.. I have no health insurance and am unable to work due to the abcess in my abdomin. What should I do ? Is the hospital liable to offer a health screening due to the varience in hospital Infection control and negligent housekeeping ?

I am desparate for some direction. I feel the hospital is liable just for the incident and how it has affected me and my time. Even if there turns out to be no medical issue derived from this incident. I plan to write to the local newspaper and other orgnazations I can find. But what else can I do ? Who is at fault ? and How am I compensated for the inconvience of the event even taking place? Or even worse any medical problem that may be occurng due to the houskeepings negligence..Please advise. Thank you for your time.
Patti B.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Raiyn said:

Hi, I was seen in the local ER last night for hernia/ abcess in my abdomin from a previous surgery. I was given Morphine for the pain.
Sometime after I was given the medicine.. I asked my Boyfriend for my bottle of water. Under the effect of the Morphine I obliviously drank , and drank ... Later during the discharge I noticed my bottle of water was still in my purse. He had assumed the bottle under the stretcher was mine=/// I freaked out ( I am a lab tech and have a good knowledge of infection control ) I insisted to see the on duty Infection control nurse, She down played the incident by saying there was little to no risk ... I exclaimed ! All the possibilities and implacations drinking from a bottle of unknown source in a hospital ER could have on my health. She then agreed a varience will be filed and she will have the bottle tested for bacteria.
In my opinion this is gross negligence on the hospitals part.That has a possibility of severe health issues if the water /bottle / previous owner of bottle carried a bacteria / virus...

Today I had the first BM after leaving the hospital and it was full of bright red blood ( a symptom I have never had before ) I left a message w/ the infection control nurse ad searched the internet for possible causes. Several possible causes can come from certian types of bateria and viruses.. I have no health insurance and am unable to work due to the abcess in my abdomin. What should I do ? Is the hospital liable to offer a health screening due to the varience in hospital Infection control and negligent housekeeping ?

I am desparate for some direction. I feel the hospital is liable just for the incident and how it has affected me and my time. Even if there turns out to be no medical issue derived from this incident. I plan to write to the local newspaper and other orgnazations I can find. But what else can I do ? Who is at fault ? and How am I compensated for the inconvience of the event even taking place? Or even worse any medical problem that may be occurng due to the houskeepings negligence..Please advise. Thank you for your time.
Patti B.

My response:

You have no damages. What you do have, however, is Rhoids.

IAAL

BelizeBreeze

Well you have two options:

1. hire a personal injury attorney at a cost of about 2 years out of your life and 50% of any recovery (if any), or;

2. buy a package of exlax and enjoy. :rolleyes:

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Raiyn said:
You Sir are incorrect. Kthx

My response:

Oh, no I'm not, and I can prove it to you!

I want you to stick your index finger up your ass, up to your second knuckle, and take 4 steps forward. Now, what do you feel?

IAAL

rmet4nzkx

Raiyn said:

Patti B.
Nice try
No cigar!

pojo2

Hey don't forget to add the boyfriend to that list of people to sue, now there is the ninkumpoop you need to sue! :)

"Inconvenience of the event taking place"

Might get rid of the boyfriend!

Raiyn

Come on guys .. I dont want any money , but if I got sick .. Id want medical care.. and yea, ive considered the BF thing, LOL..

It's still poor on the hospitals part.

rmet4nzkx

Raiyn said:
Come on guys .. I dont want any money , but if I got sick .. Id want medical care.. and yea, ive considered the BF thing, LOL..

It's still poor on the hospitals part.
Why :eek: :confused: Because your BF gave you water without asking if it was ok to give you water? In most cases, when you are being treated you are instructed not to eat or drink in the room unless they ok it. Then they usually provide appropriate food or drink. And monitor it.

At least it wasn't yellow water ;)
if you sue, sue your BF!

Raiyn

rmet4nzkx said:
Why :eek: :confused: Because your BF gave you water without asking if it was ok to give you water? In most cases, when you are being treated you are instructed not to eat or drink in the room unless they ok it. Then they usually provide appropriate food or drink. And monitor it.

At least it wasn't yellow water ;)
if you sue, sue your BF!

Hello !! It was an opened bottle water housekeeping neglected to remove from a room they had supossedly cleaned .. from a bottle of unknown orgin.

Maybe you have no clue that Hepititis can live on any dry surface for 7 days ... or that there are several types of contagious bacteria that can be spread by objects and food such as this ( some of which produce the symptom I expierenced ) ..... Read the whole story..

It's like finding out at a restruant the plates and silverware you just ate your entire meal with had never been washed, And The previous user likely had an ilness for which they were in the ER for in the first place. Or like the sandwich maker at Subway made your meal wearing the same gloves he/she just cleaned the bathroom in.

No matter how you look at it, We all rely on any hospital to be clean and free of possilble hazards..... This was clearly negligent on the part of the hospital for it to even be in the room in the first place.

This may seem small and insignificant to many , but reaility is it is a failure to meet state and federal guidelines/ regulations. So yea, if I got an illness due to the negligence of the hospital, Id atleast want some medical coverage.

panzertanker

Raiyn said:
Hello !! It was an opened bottle water housekeeping neglected to remove from a room they had supossedly cleaned .. from a bottle of unknown orgin.

Maybe you have no clue that Hepititis can live on any dry surface for 7 days ... or that there are several types of contagious bacteria that can be spread by objects and food such as this ( some of which produce the symptom I expierenced ) ..... Read the whole story..

It's like finding out at a restruant the plates and silverware you just ate your entire meal with had never been washed, And The previous user likely had an ilness for which they were in the ER for in the first place. Or like the sandwich maker at Subway made your meal wearing the same gloves he/she just cleaned the bathroom in.

No matter how you look at it, We all rely on any hospital to be clean and free of possilble hazards..... This was clearly negligent on the part of the hospital for it to even be in the room in the first place.

This may seem small and insignificant to many , but reaility is it is a failure to meet state and federal guidelines/ regulations. So yea, if I got an illness due to the negligence of the hospital, Id atleast want some medical coverage.
No matter how we look at it, we all rely on our significant other to have the where-with-all to know that the bottle belongs to you.

The hospital did not put the bottle there.
The hospital did not tell you to drink it.
The hospital did not give your permission to drink.

Who's liable?
(isn't he here somewhere? :) )
You and your moron BF!

rmet4nzkx

Raiyn said:

If it is anyone's fault, it is your boyfreind'a fault.
In 1994 I studied art in France, I stayed in a school residence with a common bathroom. There were no paper covers for the toilet seats and my mother taught me never to sit on a seat in a public restroom without a cover and how to place tp on the seat, well I didn't every time and I actually lived and didn't get sick.

Actually the tableware and trays in resturaunts have lots of bacteria on them and kitchens more than bathrooms...........

You were already sick. You were on strong mind affecting medications, it isn't the hospitals fault your BF gave you water to drink when you were not supposed to have any!

barry1817

who is responsible

Raiyn said:

Patti B.

How about your boy friend is responsible for giving you something that he should not have given you. He evidently took something that wasn't his to give, and did not ask.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">