• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

hospital injuries

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tylerross80

i went into er for leg issues which required emergency surgery. at some point i was given too much fluids that caused me to not breathe well and gave me physically noticeable horrible discomfort. blood pressure was dangerously low and had a high fever of 102. my oxygen was also dangerously low of the low 60's. i continued to complain that i could not breath but was told to just take deep breathes. i finally told one of my nurses that i would be able to breath if they would just puncture a hole in my lungs and drained them. then they could stop yelling at me to breath right instead of the quick shallow breathes i was only able to do to breath at all. i was pissing off all the nurses because of the way i sounded trying to breath. one nurse finally listened to me and spoke with my doctor and within a small time frame was scheduled for procedures to empty all the fluids that had accumulated in my lungs. they drained a liter of fluid from my right lung which gave me instant relief.they drained my left lung the following day of another liter of fluids. had i not said anything i know i would have been continued to be ignored of my complaints which caused me low oxygen levels blood pressure issues that i never would had to go through if i was monitored correctly while they gave me fluids that i did not need.is there any way i can file a claim against the hospital for causing me further problems than i had gone in for originally? death was certainly a concern for me just not anyone else caring for me. i was in icu the entire hospital stay because of this.do i have a claim or just wasting my time?

quincy

i went into er for leg issues which required emergency surgery. at some point i was given too much fluids that caused me to not breathe well and gave me physically noticeable horrible discomfort. blood pressure was dangerously low and had a high fever of 102. my oxygen was also dangerously low of the low 60's. i continued to complain that i could not breath but was told to just take deep breathes. i finally told one of my nurses that i would be able to breath if they would just puncture a hole in my lungs and drained them. then they could stop yelling at me to breath right instead of the quick shallow breathes i was only able to do to breath at all. i was pissing off all the nurses because of the way i sounded trying to breath. one nurse finally listened to me and spoke with my doctor and within a small time frame was scheduled for procedures to empty all the fluids that had accumulated in my lungs. they drained a liter of fluid from my right lung which gave me instant relief.they drained my left lung the following day of another liter of fluids. had i not said anything i know i would have been continued to be ignored of my complaints which caused me low oxygen levels blood pressure issues that i never would had to go through if i was monitored correctly while they gave me fluids that i did not need.is there any way i can file a claim against the hospital for causing me further problems than i had gone in for originally? death was certainly a concern for me just not anyone else caring for me. i was in icu the entire hospital stay because of this.do i have a claim or just wasting my time?
It is possible (probable?) that your condition was being evaluated thoroughly before any surgery was performed.

I am happy you survived your scary experience.

Although you can consult with a medical malpractice attorney, I am not sure (based strictly on what you have said) that there is a claim for you to pursue.

xylene

I am not sure (based strictly on what you have said) that there is a claim for you to pursue.
Excessive IV fluid administration leading to pneumonia and pleural effusion requiring bilateral thoracentesis is not normal.

quincy

Excessive IV fluid administration leading to pneumonia and pleural effusion requiring bilateral thoracentesis is not normal.
I don't think I said the condition was normal.

But the trip to the ER was due to a "leg issue" that required emergency surgery. There is more to the medical history.

Of course everything can be reviewed by a medical malpractice lawyer. I am not seeing damages enough to support a suit - based strictly on what has been said.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">