• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

hospital is threatening, taking our vehicles

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

dearadri

Hi,

I hope you can help us. My husband was working on his mothers roof, when he stepped on a nail. this was approx. in 8/99. Well we didn't have insurance and he didn't think to use the homeowners insurance to pay. Unfortunately, money has not been flowing so freely that we have had the money to pay back. The bills amount to a little over 1,000, and they are now saying that they know which accounts my husband has, his home and how much he owes on it and the two vehicles that are registered to him. Making the statement, that if we don't do as they request, they will take away something we own. My husband closed out our joint checking account,and I opened an account by myself, to secure our monies. But, what rights do they have to our vehicles. We want to pay, put they are demanding three equal payments of $350.00. When we told them that would create hardship, they said it was the only way to prevent the next steps. My husband reluctanly agreed. they sent documents for him to sign, he never signed them. Our attempts to get that money was unsuccessful, and we cannot pay them. so he did not sign it. What rights do we have, we would like to pay them slowly, and they refused, can they do that, and how can they retalliate, what can they take or do to our property.

We live in Southern California. We bought one vehicle used for 10,000 in 1999. and our other vehicle was purchased from family for under 1,000.

Thank you for your help

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">