• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Hospital Judgement placed against me 10 years ago.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.


I REALLY need some help!!

I have a few questions. I have a judgement that was placed against me 10 years ago. I forgot about this and recently an attorney sent me papers informing me of his intent to get another judgement. Here are my questions:

1. I live in Texas, however, my husband and I have our bank accounts in California. Can they touch this?

2. If accounts and property are in his name only, can they touch this? (we were not married at the time I was in the hospital on this judgement)

3. Is there a statute of limitations on a judgement?

4. If the attorney will agree to montly payments, does this mean he will not seek the judgement to remove money from my checking account?


Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential