• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

hospital neglect

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

pkmiller

my son had one day surgery and was sent home with the IV needle still in his arm. This was one and a half weeks ago but I asked him to save the needle until we find out what we should do if anything. He had to remove it by himself at home.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

pkmiller said:
my son had one day surgery and was sent home with the IV needle still in his arm. This was one and a half weeks ago but I asked him to save the needle until we find out what we should do if anything. He had to remove it by himself at home.
My response:

Thank you for sharing and telling us your story.

IAAL

P

PamSJS

Dear Mom;

This undoubtedly was an oversight by the nurse who discharged your son. It wasn't intentional, and if your son did not suffer any injury (infection, phlebitis, etc.)you have no cause of action.

My question to you is.....why didn't you call the hospital or surgery center when you found the IV needle?

If you haven't already done so, I suggest you contact the administrator of the facility and let them know this happened. The nurse may have a history of such mistakes and deserves to be disciplined.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">