• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Hostile Work Environment & Sexual Harassment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state?North Carolina
Im not really use to this site and Im still trying to figure it out, But from the most part I have seen it helps alot of individuals that have questions about things there not sure about.So from reading and looking up information and just looking through some of the questions and responses that is why I am here. I have a few different questions and I am not sure were i need to start who i need to call and what steps to really take.So i hope once I have asked my questions I will recieve good answers and responses.
I myself had just recently started a new job witch was a 3rd shift clean up job.i have been there going on atleast 2 months if not 3.when i first started I loved my job and when friends and family ask me how my job was going I would tell them it was great and that i liked this job better than the recent job i had befor.Well thats untill I had been working there almost a month and this prision inmate decided to force his self on me twice.I noticed this all started about a month after i had been working there.First it was whats your name,How old are you,How many kids do you have, and were are you from just basic questions nothing out of the way.Once i answered with appropriate answers i noticed that this other person was making it a habit everyday to come over to my work area and then noticed that my supervisior had started to tell this person he needed to stay over at his origional work area and to stay away from me.Well once I seen he wasnt listening to the supervisor i felt a gut feeling as if i already knew what it was going to lead to.well i was right.This person started asking then begging me to meet him on break and my answer was always NO bc i always went on break with my boyfriend.Well this person would not take take no as a answer and decided to go to the next level by telling me to meet him on break what time and a specific location then decided to hand me a written note that stated to read in private and then throw it away.Well after break was over with my boyfriend i went back to my origional work area to find about 10 minutes later this person back over at my work area begging me to go outside wih him and i repeatedly told him no.Well as of what i thought i thought he had returned to his normal work area so i decided to step outside when i went to step outside this person grabbed me and then kissed me then turned around and ran back inside.So i then went to go back inside and being upset by this as i got back inside i turned to see my supervisor approaching the corner and went to turn around to be grabbed once again and kissed by this same person.they then ran off.i started crying and as i went to walk upstairs i seen my linelead told them what had happened and then told 3 other people as well.once upstairs i seen my linelead again and from me being so upset i stated i would rather just go on home for the night and he said that would be fine.The next night when i came into work i went to my work area like normal and about 15 minutes of working my supervisor came up to me tell tell me that 3/4 employees had came up to him the night befor telling him what had happened so with that being said he had to walk me up to the main office so that i could tell my main supervisor with my own words what had happened and to write a statement since it was sexual harassment.Once i wrote my statement i was very upset and crying so my supervisor asked me what he could do just to comfort me and i told him i would rather go home and not finish working that night since the other person that forced him self on me was still working as well.My supervisor told me that would be fine because he was going to fire this other person for what he had done and actually let me and my boyfiend leave that night and said we would get paid untill everyone clocked out that morning.well i thought things were going to be ok untill i returned back to work after the weekend and went to go to the bathroom and heard the persons name over the intercom that was suppose to be fired.i was frantic and very upset that my supervisor didnt stick to his word and do like he said he was going to.so when i went on break i found my supervisor and asked him why this person was still working and his response was its under investigation and thats all he said.The next night when i went into work my supervisor had moved me to a new work location away from my normal work area and when i asked why he said it was because of me and what had happened.well as im working i have a few co workers come to me telling me that this person who had forced his self on me was going around laughing and making jokes that they had got away with what they had done and that nothing happened to them.well i then went to my supervisor again to let him know what was being said and when i asked him why he was going to let this go on he replied its because its under investigation.i then asked him if i needed to contact the prison to let them know what had happened and he told me no not to contact them or do anything.so the next 2 days at work was pure hell because i could tell other co workers were not treating me fair since this had happened even my supervisor was not even treating me the same.so then i noticed that nothing else had been said or done so that morning when i got off of work i came home and called the prision and talked to the superintendant who told me to come straight down there to write a statement.so when i got to the prision i wrote a statement and the superintendant infromed me that my job had not called the prision or even infromed the prision that any of this had happened.so the prision told me they would make copies of the letter this inmate had written me and said they would search his stuff and if they found a red pen and could match this persons writing to the letter they would take futher actions.well apparently everything matched bc they gave this prision inmate a write up and took his bag and he no longer works were i do.since then of him being fired i have been treated like crap at work by co workers and my supervisor and sad to say not only have i been treated like crap so has my boyfriend and he didnt do anything wrong.my work has treated me very unfairly and then from the emotional distress this has compacted on my life i have actually about quit my job and so has my boyfriend and its not fair and its not right bc i didnt ask for this to happen to me nor did i want it to happen to me.so now ive noticed my job sill hasnt took the right steps to follow through with this sexual harassment happening to m.so now this is were im stuck bc ive done research onlne and from everything that has happened to me and how and the steps i done to report it and my employer not takin action to do anything i feel like i need to step and talk to a lawyer but need help bc i dont know were to start or who to call or even file a report.so could someone please help me?

Just Blue

What is the name of your state?North Carolina
Im not really use to this site and Im still trying to figure it out, But from the most part I have seen it helps alot of individuals that have questions about things there not sure about.So from reading and looking up information and just looking through some of the questions and responses that is why I am here. I have a few different questions and I am not sure were i need to start who i need to call and what steps to really take.So i hope once I have asked my questions I will recieve good answers and responses.

I myself had just recently started a new job witch was a 3rd shift clean up job.i have been there going on atleast 2 months if not 3.when i first started I loved my job and when friends and family ask me how my job was going I would tell them it was great and that i liked this job better than the recent job i had befor.Well thats untill I had been working there almost a month and this prision inmate decided to force his self on me twice.I noticed this all started about a month after i had been working there.First it was whats your name,How old are you,How many kids do you have, and were are you from just basic questions nothing out of the way.Once i answered with appropriate answers i noticed that this other person was making it a habit everyday to come over to my work area and then noticed that my supervisior had started to tell this person he needed to stay over at his origional work area and to stay away from me.Well once I seen he wasnt listening to the supervisor i felt a gut feeling as if i already knew what it was going to lead to.well i was right.This person started asking then begging me to meet him on break and my answer was always NO bc i always went on break with my boyfriend.

Well this person would not take take no as a answer and decided to go to the next level by telling me to meet him on break what time and a specific location then decided to hand me a written note that stated to read in private and then throw it away.Well after break was over with my boyfriend i went back to my origional work area to find about 10 minutes later this person back over at my work area begging me to go outside wih him and i repeatedly told him no.Well as of what i thought i thought he had returned to his normal work area so i decided to step outside when i went to step outside this person grabbed me and then kissed me then turned around and ran back inside.So i then went to go back inside and being upset by this as i got back inside i turned to see my supervisor approaching the corner and went to turn around to be grabbed once again and kissed by this same person.they then ran off.i started crying and as i went to walk upstairs i seen my linelead told them what had happened and then told 3 other people as well.once upstairs i seen my linelead again and from me being so upset i stated i would rather just go on home for the night and he said that would be fine.

The next night when i came into work i went to my work area like normal and about 15 minutes of working my supervisor came up to me tell tell me that 3/4 employees had came up to him the night befor telling him what had happened so with that being said he had to walk me up to the main office so that i could tell my main supervisor with my own words what had happened and to write a statement since it was sexual harassment.Once i wrote my statement i was very upset and crying so my supervisor asked me what he could do just to comfort me and i told him i would rather go home and not finish working that night since the other person that forced him self on me was still working as well.

My supervisor told me that would be fine because he was going to fire this other person for what he had done and actually let me and my boyfiend leave that night and said we would get paid untill everyone clocked out that morning.well i thought things were going to be ok untill i returned back to work after the weekend and went to go to the bathroom and heard the persons name over the intercom that was suppose to be fired.i was frantic and very upset that my supervisor didnt stick to his word and do like he said he was going to.so when i went on break i found my supervisor and asked him why this person was still working and his response was its under investigation and thats all he said.The next night when i went into work my supervisor had moved me to a new work location away from my normal work area and when i asked why he said it was because of me and what had happened.well as im working i have a few co workers come to me telling me that this person who had forced his self on me was going around laughing and making jokes that they had got away with what they had done and that nothing happened to them.well i then went to my supervisor again to let him know what was being said and when i asked him why he was going to let this go on he replied its because its under investigation.i then asked him if i needed to contact the prison to let them know what had happened and he told me no not to contact them or do anything.

so the next 2 days at work was pure hell because i could tell other co workers were not treating me fair since this had happened even my supervisor was not even treating me the same.so then i noticed that nothing else had been said or done so that morning when i got off of work i came home and called the prision and talked to the superintendant who told me to come straight down there to write a statement.so when i got to the prision i wrote a statement and the superintendant infromed me that my job had not called the prision or even infromed the prision that any of this had happened.so the prision told me they would make copies of the letter this inmate had written me and said they would search his stuff and if they found a red pen and could match this persons writing to the letter they would take futher actions.well apparently everything matched bc they gave this prision inmate a write up and took his bag and he no longer works were i do

.since then of him being fired i have been treated like crap at work by co workers and my supervisor and sad to say not only have i been treated like crap so has my boyfriend and he didnt do anything wrong.my work has treated me very unfairly and then from the emotional distress this has compacted on my life i have actually about quit my job and so has my boyfriend and its not fair and its not right bc i didnt ask for this to happen to me nor did i want it to happen to me.so now ive noticed my job sill hasnt took the right steps to follow through with this sexual harassment happening to m.so now this is were im stuck bc ive done research onlne and from everything that has happened to me and how and the steps i done to report it and my employer not takin action to do anything i feel like i need to step and talk to a lawyer but need help bc i dont know were to start or who to call or even file a report.so could someone please help me?
Some white space added for ease of reading.

ETA: Why are you working in contact with prison inmates? What kind of place is this...a jail?

LdiJ

That big block of text means that very few, if anyone, will actually read your post. I suggest that you edit it to make paragraphs with white space between the paragraphs if you want to get serious advice.

Eekamouse

That big block of text means that very few, if anyone, will actually read your post. I suggest that you edit it to make paragraphs with white space between the paragraphs if you want to get serious advice.
You must have JustBlue blocked, LDiJ, because she did the OP a favor and added the needed white space to make the post more readable.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">