• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Hostile Work Environment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Karen Merback

What is the name of your state? Nebraska
My daughter works for a pre-school owned by the hospital. She was accused of child molestation and when the police interviewed her he told her it was a complaint from one of his officers and wife that changed it to inappropriate touching, but he found no evidence to investigate it any further. He told her it is a closed case. Okay this is a very small town and of course the people are keeping a buzz about as to whether she was guilty or not. The parents that pushed the complaint I feel used his police job to continue the case even after two physicians documented there was no evidence of child molestation. His wife who is an RN was forced to leave the hospital as they kept cutting her hours and so she left and vowed to get them back according to the CEO who has been terminated as well. Now the hospital wants her to come back to work and she feels it is too hostile due to this police officer and his wife's accusations. She loves the kids and is going to school to finish her degree in secondary education. She has leave this job due to false accusations is their anyway she has a case in which she can sue this couple for slander? Due to this stress she has had to travel to another clinic 50 miles away for healthcare services and medication at her own expense. The hospital cut her benefits when they found out she was leaving at the end of this year. I know she only has a few weeks left, but she needs the money before she moves to another state and begins college. Is there any thing she can do to get back some of money from these expenses caused by these individuals hateful words?

seniorjudge

Q: She has leave this job due to false accusations is their anyway she has a case in which she can sue this couple for slander?

A: Police reports, even if false, are not considered defamatory.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">