• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

hotel negligence

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

mrjoshua

my fiance was kidnapped and sexually assaulted about a week ago.thankfully she escaped without any serious physicall injury.My question is complicated, but here goes.
The assailent,(who is now awaiting charges here in tampa, fl. of sexual battery, and kidnapping), forced her to rent them a hotel. The assailent didnt want to use his I.D., but also didn't want his victim to escape, so he accompanied her inside the office to rent the room. When the clerk asked for i.d. my fiance realized her purse was in the car, and went to retrieve it. At this point the assailent did not follow her out, so she attempted,(in plain view of the clerk), to escape.While she was fleeing on foot the clerk without seeing any id gave the assailent the room key. He then chased her down, forced her back in the room and repeatedly raped her.
Is this considered negligence on the part of the clerk, for not only failing to call police, but not even calling the room to check if everything was allright, or at least try to see the i.d.?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">