• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Hotel Reservations

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bombbat

What is the name of your state? NH

HELLO,

On 12/01/05 I reserved a room at a resort for three days , the 26th, 27th and 28th of this month. before I did so I checked with the advertisement hand-out at the front desk and the online advertisement for black out dates. Since, my days weren't holidays and were Sunday through Thursday, I qualified for a "7 DAY MID-WEEK PASS". This pass allowed the user 7 days midweek, non-holiday stays at the resort. So I asked to purchase the pass and made the reservations. I put in for the time off from work.

A week went by and I told my mom and her husband that she should get a room for the same days that week. She agreed but asked if I would call to make the reservations for her, I agreed. I called the reservation desk and was told that I could not get the days on the seven days pass, I said, but I already did this on the pass under my own name last week. they told me that since this was "A holiday week" that I couldn't use the pass. I tried to explain that I had taken my vacation already and invited people up, and besides they accepted the reservation when I called. They made some very lame attempt to accommodate me, 5X the original price !

At that point I canceled, but not before they charged my account. Seemed they forgot to charge my account last week. I then asked "Did you save my debit account information!" , the women at the desk said yes we do. Then I explained the dangers of doing that. For example a disgruntle employee could run off with a stack of these numbers and virtually drain peoples accounts. Not just, credit card account but, checking accounts - since DEBIT CARD accounts come directly form checking accounts ! She assured me that "Nobody here would ever do that, Sir!", while she laughed at my absurd scenario.

My questions:
1. IS IT LEGAL FOR THEM TO SAVE MY DEBIT CARD NUMBERS?

2. CAN THEY RENEG ON AN AGREEMENT AFTER THE RESERVATION HAS BEEN MADE AND AGREEDED UPON?

-outraged-BILL

bombbat

Dallas,

That's the thing I read all the fine print and nowhere it blackout the dates I asked for. Also, if they had an issue with the dates I figured they would let me know immediately, before they made the reservation. It wasn't until I called back a week later that they decided to inform me that the rate we verbally agreed upon would no longer be honored. If I never call they might have never foud their mistake until I tried to check out.

-B

bombbat

I called the better business bureau and they quoted me policy about no legal advice. Basically, there are a toothless tiger. I called the attorney generals office and got a recording that said, "All operator are busy and no voice mail is accepted". Is there a consumer agency that will impose some checks and balances. like make them follow the BUSINESS LAWS!

-B

panzertanker

bombbat said:
What is the name of your state? NH

HELLO,

On 12/01/05 I reserved a room at a resort for three days , the 26th, 27th and 28th of this month. before I did so I checked with the advertisement hand-out at the front desk and the online advertisement for black out dates. Since, my days weren't holidays and were Sunday through Thursday, I qualified for a "7 DAY MID-WEEK PASS". This pass allowed the user 7 days midweek, non-holiday stays at the resort. So I asked to purchase the pass and made the reservations. I put in for the time off from work.
Explain this to me...

The 26th is on Monday...

Your days are not Sunday through Thursday, rather, they are Monday through Wednesday...

Could that be the issue? You are not starting on a Sunday and finishing on a Thursday, therefore not entitled to midweek pass b/c you won't be there ALL of midweek???

panzertanker

bombbat said:
The pass allows the user to use day that are not Friday or Saturday. you can use this pass one day here, two days there ..... Do you know what I mean ? It is not required that the user stay Sunday through Thursday.

go here and look at their advertisement for the pass if you like
http://www.indianheadresort.com/midweek-winter-lodging-pass.htm
I understand.
Did you purchase the pass already?
Did you receive the pass, and if so, what does it say about blackout dates?

"Good Sunday thjrough Thursday, non-holiday nights only. Only a limited number of these passess will be sold. Call now to reserve yours! (800)343-8000" From the web site, bold added...

ENASNI

whoa

bombbat said:
Panzy_Tanktop,

What is your point, Sherlock ?, yes only a certain number will be sold, I read all this information. They never mentioned being sold out. That is not an issue in this case, never was. And yes I have been charged for the pass and I'm waiting for them to refund my Debit/checking account, $215.

Where is your attitude from bombastic batty one?

Panzertanker was just trying to assist...

Sheesh, I hope they take weeks and weeks to debit your account now, and I usually wish people luck. :mad:

bombbat

This is from my original post ...

before I did so I checked with the advertisement hand-out at the front desk and the online advertisement for black out dates.

bombbat

ENASNI ,

Just frustrated with the whole deal .... I understand he,panzertanker, was trying to help, I did explain in my original post that I checked two sources of the resort advertisements.

Sheesh, I hope they take weeks and weeks to debit your account now, and I usually wish people luck. - that would not only ruin a planned vacation but take money away from a hardworking guy at Christmas

Merry Xmas to you ....

ENASNI

bombbat said:
ENASNI ,

Just frustrated with the whole deal .... I understand he,panzertanker, was trying to help, I did explain in my original post that I checked two sources of the resort advertisements.

Sheesh, I hope they take weeks and weeks to debit your account now, and I usually wish people luck. - that would not only ruin a planned vacation but take money away from a hardworking guy at Christmas

Merry Xmas to you ....
Well since you seem to have apologized, I wish you a Happy Holiday.

panzertanker

bombbat said:
This is from my original post ...

before I did so I checked with the advertisement hand-out at the front desk and the online advertisement for black out dates.
I understand that, and read that. However, in an attempt to clarify why they felt they could dismiss your reservations using the pass, I wanted to know what the pass said; specifically.

The advertisements and hotel information do not count, the actual pass and it's wording do...The fact that they had not debited your account timely may have been b/c the pass was sold out; as the web site states is a possibility.

I took the time to go to the web site and try to research some of this to offer help, as you suggested, not be called juvenile names. Take your frustrations elsewhere. If you exhibited this type of attitude with the hotel, I can see why they are not concerned with helping you...!

Last edited:

bombbat

panzertanker said:
I understand that, and read that. However, in an attempt to clarify why they felt they could dismiss your reservations using the pass, I wanted to know what the pass said; specifically.

The advertisements and hotel information do not count, the actual pass and it's wording do...The fact that they had not debited your account timely may have been b/c the pass was sold out; as the web site states is a possibility.

I took the time to go to the web site and try to research some of this to offer help, as you suggested, not be called juvenile names. Take your frustrations elsewhere. If you exhibited this type of attitude with the hotel, I can see why they are not concerned with helping you...!
panzertanker,
First, I agree, I posted in frustration yesterday a juvenile comment. :eek: Then deleted as soon as I read it. I apologize sincerely. I appreciate your comments, really! And never did I take such attitude with the reservation staff.

The subject at hand:

Never have I seen or heard of a hard copy of this 7 day pass, as far as I know they could just exist on the reservation PC.
They canceled the reservation based on the fact that they consider the week a "Holiday Week", not based on the fact that the passes are limited.

You said ”The advertisements and hotel information do not count, the actual pass and it's wording do.” I’m not sure how this can be true. I would think that false advertisement would proven if the pass says something different then the written document taken from the front desk.

I know that websites can be stale and that’s why I didn’t rely on that information alone. I checked with the website and the written advertisement at the front desk. I have a copy of that document. Neither of these spell out the dates as blk out dates. Furthermore, I would have expected them to mention this the time of reservation. They didn’t and admit their mistake. They probably would haven’t noticed until I checked out, if I hadn’t called them.

-B

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">