• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Hourly wages in a nursing home?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

violas

What is the name of your state?Washington

I had been working full time at a job for 18 an hour and insurance benefits. I changed to on-call status and now have no insurance. They said that even though I have no insurance my hourly wages will remain 18 an hour. Don't most places give you more money per hour if you do not receive your insurance benefits? Thanks :confused:

pattytx

Don't most places give you more money per hour if you do not receive your insurance benefits?
No, they don't. In fact, this is rare. The only time additional pay is legally required when no benefits are offered is for prevailing wage jobs, which have to do with public works construction projects.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Although this is becoming more common, it is still, as Patty says, very much the exception rather than the rule. With the single exception that Patty mentions, this is not required by any Federal law or the law of any state - it is entirely up to the employer whether they wish to offer this benefit.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">