• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

hours cut back

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

SwtOdessey

What is the name of your state?Massachusetts

My supervisor told me that due to a low ratio of children at our daycare, that I can come in 2 hours later than my scheduled time. I am scheduled to work 25 hours per week and this will reduce me to 23. WE are not allowed to use sick time unless we are ill and I do not feel it is fair that I have to use my vacation time to get my regular and agreed upon 25 hours of pay for that work week, especially when I'm not given the choice to choose, is this legal?

C

CheeseBlotto

In the absence of a contract, they are free to schedule you pretty much as they please.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
It was legal when I answered this question on the wage and hour forum, it is still legal, and it will be legal the next time you ask the question, too.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">