• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Hours of Consumption ticket

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

kpinteriors

One of my employees received a ticket for drinking after hours at a pub in Texas. I looked up the TABC code Sec. 105.06 and saw that it is a misdemeanor offense w/ a maximum fine of $50. The ticket indicated he must appear on or before May 29. He went to the JP court today (May 15), and they have no record of his citation (officer didn't turn it in yet?), however the court would not dismiss the ticket, even though he appeared. The clerk stated "we don't do things that way." He couldn't pay the fine, either.

This is problematic, since he is leaving the country for a month on Friday, and cannot appear on May 29. The clerk date-stamped his ticket at my insistence so he can prove he appeared. Has the Justice of the Peace handled this matter correctly? What does my employee do when he gets back into the country?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">