• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

House in disrepair

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

KClark

House in disrepair who can help?

What is the name of your state? Pennsylvania
Our house is in need of major repair. The foundation has failed and the house is sinking. We have been in litigation for the past 5 years with our homeowners ins. We were told that the court is finding in favor of the insurance co. We have no other means of help. What would happen if we told our mortgage company of our predicament? Would they call our loan? Could they help us?
Any advice would be appreciated my family is at a loss. We don't know where to turn? Thank you.

kc in PA

Last edited:

HomeGuru

Re: House in disrepair who can help?

KClark said:
What is the name of your state? Pennsylvania
Our house is in need of major repair. The foundation has failed and the house is sinking. We have been in litigation for the past 5 years with our homeowners ins. We were told that the court is finding in favor of the insurance co. We have no other means of help. What would happen if we told our mortgage company of our predicament? Would they call our loan? Could they help us?
Any advice would be appreciated my family is at a loss. We don't know where to turn? Thank you.

kc in PA

**A: please explain the causes of action in the litigation. You should notify your mortgage company.

K

KClark

house in disrepair

State is Pennsylvania. Reply to an earlier response. My house is in disrepair due to the failure of the foundation. I purchased the home 14 years ago as new construction we are the first and only owners. About 8 years into living in the house we noticed one day the floor was slopping. My husband dug around the corner of the house to discover that our nextdoor neighbors drain pipes went underground and into a pvc pipe that the builder had broken right at the corner of our foundation. So for 8 years their drainage from their yard was going through this pipe which was discharging at the corner of our foundation undermining the foundation. (we do not have a basement). the builder has since gone bankrupt, the township is saying they are immune and not responsible (even though they were supposed to come out an inspect when the fdn. was poured) so we went to our homeowners, who denied our initial claim saying this was natural water. We obtained an insurance lawyer and our case is based on that this was a man made condition. it has been a 5 year nightmare! the insurance co. has been delaying and stalling. in May we received papers from the court stating they found that we had no case and they weren't even going to let us have our day in court! our lawyer is now appealing the case.
our mortgage company knows nothing about this. our lawyer told us not to tell them because they may call our loan. Is this true? or could they help us in someway? What do you know about companies that say they will give you cash for your house in any condition? do you think they are reputable? Thank you for your help.

FarmerJ

Have You spoken with your lawyer about the legality of cutting and capping that line right where it is to block future drainage ? (also dont give up on house If you can end the erosion to foundation talk with a firm who does Mud Jacking ( the pumping in of concrete to push slab back up ) But like I said talk with attorney first about what you can legally do to stop this disharge of nbrs water into to your property ( LAST is there any city/county ordinance barring the deliberate drainage OF water from one property to a neighbors property? )

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">