• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

house not yet mine

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

daycarebydebbie

What is the name of your state?I am in Texas filing my own divorce. The Petition is all drawn up and ready to be filed. Now, I am buying a house. I will be closing on it between the time I file the petition and the decree is signed. Do I include it in the petition and if so how do I word it if I don't have ownership of the house yet?
My spouse owns his house and did before our marriage. No dispute there.
Please help I want this done with.
Debbie

LdiJ

daycarebydebbie said:
What is the name of your state?I am in Texas filing my own divorce. The Petition is all drawn up and ready to be filed. Now, I am buying a house. I will be closing on it between the time I file the petition and the decree is signed. Do I include it in the petition and if so how do I word it if I don't have ownership of the house yet?
My spouse owns his house and did before our marriage. No dispute there.
Please help I want this done with.
Debbie
It really complicates things to make a major purchase like that when you are in the middle of a divorce. Its something that you really should have put off until after you were divorced. However, if its too late to do that, then yes, you should fully disclose the purchase.

daycarebydebbie

Okay, any idea how I would word the information in my petition. That is the only thing holding this back. Do I include it in "Additional Provisions"?

LdiJ

daycarebydebbie said:
Okay, any idea how I would word the information in my petition. That is the only thing holding this back. Do I include it in "Additional Provisions"?
That would probably be the best place to include the information. Make sure that you state that you want it to be considered your sole and separate property.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">