• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

House Question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

achewakin

What is the name of your state? South Dakota

My husband has informed me he is filing for divorce. This is not what I want, but it's happening anyway. Our home that we bought 3 years ago is in his and his father's name. All parties have agreed that I will be able to remain in the house after the divorce. We thought about doing a contract for deed, however our lender will not allow that. We looked at doing a quit-claim deed, but I'm not sure if that is the best way either. I am unable to refinance the mortgage in my name and have no idea what the best way to go about this is. Can anyone help?

HRZ

the deal you post is ultra unsafe to you at least so far.....as above you would be wise to consult an attorney to represent YOU.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">