• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

house sitting

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.



in nyc and am letting a friend apartment sit for me for the summer. the landlord is giving me a very hard time, insisting that I am illegally subletting the place.
How do I get him off my back?




Dont let him house sit!

Leave the lights on and the AC to run up an electric bill..

YOU probably have cheap rent....so this is what you should expect...

Make sure you have renters insurance, Are you going to send checks from out of state?

What is your reason for him being there?

Do you have money for a lawyer in case he tries and sue you for non primary residence?

You could pay the landlord 3 months rent, and state you will be back in Sept...if not EXPECT him to evict you!

What are your reasons?

[Edited by dj1 on 05-02-2001 at 10:18 PM]

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential