• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

House sold out from under us

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Kimbakim

What is the name of your state? Florida

This may be a little hard to keep up with but I'll explain it as simply as I possibly can. I need some advice badly. Ok, here goes. 7 years ago a family member died and left a house. She had 5 children. The husband of one of the children (David) decided he wanted the house so 4 of these children signed a paper signing the house over to him. This form was not notarized. 3 of the children received $1000 for this and one received $4000. The last child did not sign any paperwork. He was out of state and did not care what happened to the house. The name on the house was never taken out of the deceased womans name. The house has been used as a rental home since then with the payments going to David. Just recently, the house was sold. Apparently all the children signed to have the house resold because they knew it was not legally done to begin with because the forms were never notarized or taken out of the deceased womans name. David has paid the taxes for the past 7 years. What can he do to recoup anything. Money from the taxes, house sale? Can he do anything to sue or prosecute these people? Please help......

HomeGuru

Kimbakim said:
What is the name of your state? Florida

This may be a little hard to keep up with but I'll explain it as simply as I possibly can. I need some advice badly. Ok, here goes. 7 years ago a family member died and left a house. She had 5 children. The husband of one of the children (David) decided he wanted the house so 4 of these children signed a paper signing the house over to him. This form was not notarized. 3 of the children received $1000 for this and one received $4000. The last child did not sign any paperwork. He was out of state and did not care what happened to the house. The name on the house was never taken out of the deceased womans name. The house has been used as a rental home since then with the payments going to David. Just recently, the house was sold. Apparently all the children signed to have the house resold because they knew it was not legally done to begin with because the forms were never notarized or taken out of the deceased womans name. David has paid the taxes for the past 7 years. What can he do to recoup anything. Money from the taxes, house sale? Can he do anything to sue or prosecute these people? Please help......
**A: this is a probate matter and David was merely a lessee.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">