• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

House

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

screwedpooch

What is the name of your state? AZ

My best friends mother is being admitted to a nursing home due to stroke, signs of dementia and noncompliant about medical treatment.

Her mother has a good amount of savings and has a house that is paid off with her daughter, my BF. I know they will take her savings to pay for her care but what about the house? The house is paid off and in both of their names. Will they try to take the house? My BF only has a durable POA.

The mother is in denial about her conditions and will not let anybody do anything for her which has landed her in a NH instead of having home health which was originally set up for her. Thanks for any help.What is the name of your state?

Litigation!

screwedpooch said:
What is the name of your state? AZ

My best friends mother is being admitted to a nursing home due to stroke, signs of dementia and noncompliant about medical treatment.

Her mother has a good amount of savings and has a house that is paid off with her daughter, my BF. I know they will take her savings to pay for her care but what about the house? The house is paid off and in both of their names. Will they try to take the house? My BF only has a durable POA.

The mother is in denial about her conditions and will not let anybody do anything for her which has landed her in a NH instead of having home health which was originally set up for her. Thanks for any help.What is the name of your state?

My response:

Do people live a long time in the family; e.g., into their 80's and 90's?

If so, say good-bye to everything she owns, including the house.

IAAL

pojo2

screwedpooch said:
and in both of their names. Will they try to take the house? My BF only has a durable POA.
Does your FRIEND live in the house? How long ago did her name show up on the title? Did she put her own name on that title using her POA?

See an Atty.

screwedpooch

Yes she has lived in the house and had her name on the title for about 5 or 6 years and no she did not use her POA to do it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">