• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How bad is it?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Fordging

What is the name of your state?WA

The parties involved are aquaintances, not domestic partners.
1. If a permanent restraining order or harassment order is granted, does this go on a persons permanent record?
2. If a permanent RO is granted, does this interfere with a persons right to bear arms?
3. If a permanent RO is granted, could the findings of the court to make it permanent be used as evidence in future cases?
4. Since the filing party is stretching the truth and has also made threats, are there any pre-court papers that need to be filed for a mutual harassment order, or will the judge decide that at the first court date?

In other threads in this forum, I've seen the advice to let the RO run its course. Letting this happen will be based on some of the answers received from the questions above. Also, letting the RO run its course would not be a problem since there is no threat of harm, only a persons fear of harm as that is the path of life that was chosen.

Thank you.

Last edited:

Just Blue

Fordging said:
Also, letting the RO run its course would not be a problem since there is no threat of harm, only a persons fear of harm as that is the path of life that was chosen.

Thank you.
Perhaps I am just having a blond moment here.....but would you please clarify this for me? :confused:

Fordging

baystategirl said:
Perhaps I am just having a blond moment here.....but would you please clarify this for me? :confused:
Hi baystategirl,
This guy seems to always ask for trouble. Even out in public around people he doesn't know, he makes them mad. The clarification to my last statement is that I am not harassing this guy and will not go near him. I know he wishes I would just to see what happens but it's not going to happen. He's sick like that. The restraining order he has filed was not filed to protect himself, but filed to get under my skin without being near me. He even had to lie to get the restraining order in the first place. This being said, if the restraining order ends up being permanent, or placed for a year or two, I can absolutely say that the bounderies of the order would never be violated. But if having the restraining order turning permanent would have an adverse affect against my record or reputation, then I will have to put more effort to defending myself in court.
Does anybody have any experience or knowledge on the questions I've asked?
Thanks.

Just Blue

Fordging said:
Hi baystategirl,
This guy seems to always ask for trouble. Even out in public around people he doesn't know, he makes them mad. The clarification to my last statement is that I am not harassing this guy and will not go near him. I know he wishes I would just to see what happens but it's not going to happen. He's sick like that. The restraining order he has filed was not filed to protect himself, but filed to get under my skin without being near me. He even had to lie to get the restraining order in the first place. This being said, if the restraining order ends up being permanent, or placed for a year or two, I can absolutely say that the bounderies of the order would never be violated. But if having the restraining order turning permanent would have an adverse affect against my record or reputation, then I will have to put more effort to defending myself in court.
Does anybody have any experience or knowledge on the questions I've asked?
Thanks.
Well in Mass. you wouldn't be able to get a gun permit, but we have very tight gun laws here, I'm not sure about WA.
It will pull up if you have a backround check done (job).
If what you say is true, and he was lying when he got the RO...I would fight it! It could have a neg affect on your life.
Hope this helps... Cindy

P.S. perhaps CdwJava can help?? Carl??you there? ;)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">