• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How Can I collect

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state?Oregon. My mother passed away last week and she had a life insurance policy and I am the sole benificary. She got it through her bank. I cannot find her paper work because it is probably in her storage locker in another city. We cannot go clean out the storage unit until spring because of icy roads. I am waiting to get her death certificate and do I have to have a policy # to file the claim or coud I just go to her Bank and present the death certificate and have them try to locate it? it would seem to me that since she got it through her bank that somewhere they would be able to access that information.

Wizard of Law!

SkeeterBug said:
it would seem to me that since she got it through her bank that somewhere they would be able to access that information.

I always love it when people answer their own questions. It makes my job much easier.

By the way, when you get around to it, call the bank!

rmet4nzkx

Wizard of Law! said:
I always love it when people answer their own questions. It makes my job much easier.

By the way, when you get around to it, call the bank!
This moniker is much better :)

rmet4nzkx

Wizard of Law! said:
Well, it's kind of benign and boring.
Next time, I'll try to use something more exciting.
Well next time you could change it to <Wizard of Law! > Wizard of Laws
Then we could sing:
We're off to see the Wizard . . . The wonderful Wizard of Laws
See? Creative and rhymes :D

There is one on Med-mal https://forum.freeadvice.com/showthread.php?t=296002 and 2 others, real screamers :eek:

Last edited by a moderator:

Wizard of Law!

rmet4nzkx said:
Well next time you could change it to <Wizard of Law! > Wizard of Laws
Then we could sing:
We're off to see the Wizard . . . The wonderful Wizard of Laws
See? Creative and rhymes :D

There is one on Med-mal https://forum.freeadvice.com/showthread.php?t=296002 and 2 others, real screamers :eek:

I looked at that thread. The guy is an obvious head-case, and a homosexual. You can't win with one of them. Every time you come up with a theory, they say "No, not that. You're wrong."

These are the responses of a "towering inferno." You can't win.

rmet4nzkx

Wizard of Law! said:
I looked at that thread. The guy is an obvious head-case, and a homosexual. You can't win with one of them. Every time you come up with a theory, they say "No, not that. You're wrong."

These are the responses of a "towering inferno." You can't win.
Head's up ;) check your recent posts.

well excuse me you sobs gee did it ever occur to any of you that maybe I am not thinking straight right now. For criminy sakes I just buried my mother today. and for the one who mentioned homo if you meant me b.u.t.t whipe I am a very married female. why don't you have a little understanding for someone who has just lost someone they loved. Not every thing in life is a friggen joke.
I hope someday someone acts like a jerk to you when you are down. No wonder most people hate lawyers they sink lower and lower everyday. why don't you try being human for a change instead of blood sucking low life sharks. Next time I wipe my a.s.s I will think of you guys.

rmet4nzkx

SkeeterBug said:
well excuse me you sobs gee did it ever occur to any of you that maybe I am not thinking straight right now. For criminy sakes I just buried my mother today. and for the one who mentioned homo if you meant me b.u.t.t whipe I am a very married female. why don't you have a little understanding for someone who has just lost someone they loved. Not every thing in life is a friggen joke.
I hope someday someone acts like a jerk to you when you are down. No wonder most people hate lawyers they sink lower and lower everyday. why don't you try being human for a change instead of blood sucking low life sharks. Next time I wipe my a.s.s I will think of you guys.
I'm sorry for your loss.

The reference was to another thread not yours, sorry for any confusion.

Of course you are confused and upset, but contacting the bank is the correct thing to do for several reasons and depending on the size of your mother's estate and whether there is a will or not, you may also require a probate attorney. Since it is still early in the winter and with the early cold snap it would be wise for you to try to go to your mother's storage locker before travel is more difficult because having access to vital documents will ease the entire process.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">