• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How can I find a free lawyer for destitute son-in-law?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

concerned inlaw

Ok...now that I have had a chance to sort things out...I need to find a lawyer who can represent a financially destitute son in law...I don't have the money to do so...I am just scraping by myself, so I can't help him...my wife has health issues so I need to take care of my responsibilites there: Enough there, my son in law got a ticket by the ranger for failure to properly fill out a permit...ok..that's fine...but...miles away someone had cut an acre of green wood and carved their own initials into a stump, which is a logger practice if they want to get paid for the cut wood...those initials are oposite of my son inlaw's...they found a pack of smokes that aren't my son inlaw's brand...so, back to main story, it is idaho law, that when the wood is inspected, and is found to be green, that load gets confiscated...my son inlaw's load wasn't green, and they didn't take it away, so they let him go...so when he shows up in court, they try to get him to admit to the greenwood, which he didn't...they were trying intimidation tactics...didn't work...they also told him that because he has no money to afford an attorney, he will not be able to win, and he will spend a year in prison plus fines...the ranger also changed his story,trying to say that the wood was green, yet he failed to confiscate it...now the prosecuting attorney in private, told my son inlaw that something is really wrong with this case, he thinks my son in law is being set up....so the court was postponed til january...and I fear they will steer their false evidence on him and try to hang him out to dry...an innocent man is going to get bent over by a system that is suppose to protect him....legal aid in idaho is useless...getting an out of state lawyer is the only way he stands a chance...you never want local lawyers...you will loose everytime...this is my delemma....plus court appointed attorneys are like having none...

Last edited:

Isis1

Your son in law should start googling free legal aid, call every attorney of every friend he knows, possibly request a public defender if he is being criminally charged.

concerned inlaw

Your son in law should start googling free legal aid, call every attorney of every friend he knows, possibly request a public defender if he is being criminally charged.
Idaho doesn't have much for legal aid, and he was told in court he wasn't allowed an attorney....

Proserpina

Idaho doesn't have much for legal aid, and he was told in court he wasn't allowed an attorney....

No he wasn't (assuming he was charged criminally).

He may have, however, been told that he doesn't qualify for a public defender.

He is absolutely allowed to hire his own attorney privately and have that attorney represent him.

You're absolutely free to help him pay for this.

concerned inlaw

No he wasn't (assuming he was charged criminally).

He may have, however, been told that he doesn't qualify for a public defender.

He is absolutely allowed to hire his own attorney privately and have that attorney represent him.

You're absolutely free to help him pay for this.
this is pointless....

Last edited:

cyjeff

You won't even tell us why he is in court and WE are the ones making this hard?

Ma'am, if you want us to help, you have to tell us what you are trying to do.

What you are asking is akin to saying, "my son went to the doctor and they said he wasn't cured. What do we do next?"

Hot Topic

The poster is working a little too hard at convincing us that his son-in-law is being set up. I'd like to see proof that he's destitute.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">