• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How can I get back the money I lent to a company?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

raulmihai2020

Hello. I need some legal advice in regards to some money I lent to a company. In December , last year (5 months ago ) , i lent £2000 to a friend's company . He said he would give me the money back in a few days. . In the mean time, the situation got rough, he kept on telling me that next week he is going to pay but nothing ever happened. When I wanted to see what are my legal options I realised he sold the company to someone else ( so he wasn't the legal owner of the company anymore). I sent the money in December, from my bank account to the company's bank account . Please tell me what should I do, legally, to get my money back. I heard something of a Small Case Court, but I have no idea if it is the best solution and what I have to do before . Thank you very much.

Taxing Matters

Overtaxed Member
Hello. I need some legal advice in regards to some money I lent to a company. In December , last year (5 months ago ) , i lent £2000 to a friend's company . He said he would give me the money back in a few days. .
From the reference to UK pounds I'm going to assume that this all took place in the UK. If so, then we can't help you much here because this site focuses on law in the US. Look for a forum that handles law in the UK for some help to get you going in the right direction. If there is some connection to the US here, we will need details about what that connection is and what state(s) are involved.

quincy

Hello. I need some legal advice in regards to some money I lent to a company. In December , last year (5 months ago ) , i lent £2000 to a friend's company . He said he would give me the money back in a few days. . In the mean time, the situation got rough, he kept on telling me that next week he is going to pay but nothing ever happened. When I wanted to see what are my legal options I realised he sold the company to someone else ( so he wasn't the legal owner of the company anymore). I sent the money in December, from my bank account to the company's bank account . Please tell me what should I do, legally, to get my money back. I heard something of a Small Case Court, but I have no idea if it is the best solution and what I have to do before . Thank you very much
Where is your friend’s company located? If not the U.S., you should seek out advice and direction in your part of the world. FreeAdvice handles U.S. law questions only.

Hello. I need some legal advice in regards to some money I lent to a company. In December , last year (5 months ago ) , i lent £2000 to a friend's company . He said he would give me the money back in a few days. . In the mean time, the situation got rough, he kept on telling me that next week he is going to pay but nothing ever happened. When I wanted to see what are my legal options I realised he sold the company to someone else ( so he wasn't the legal owner of the company anymore). I sent the money in December, from my bank account to the company's bank account . Please tell me what should I do, legally, to get my money back. I heard something of a Small Case Court, but I have no idea if it is the best solution and what I have to do before . Thank you very much.
What does it say on the loan agreement paperwork?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">