• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How can I protect myself from my husbands debt

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Debbie53

What is the name of your state? Maryland

I filed for divorce several months ago, my huband refused to sign a separation agreement. Recently he has relapsed from a substance abuse disorder and has a history of mental illness. Currently he is applying for credit cards right and left. I am concerned that I will be held liable for his debt. How can I protect myself and my children.

JETX

Debbie53 said:
I filed for divorce several months ago, my huband refused to sign a separation agreement. Recently he has relapsed from a substance abuse disorder and has a history of mental illness. Currently he is applying for credit cards right and left. I am concerned that I will be held liable for his debt. How can I protect myself and my children.
As long as you don't sign the credit application, you are not liable to the creditors for his debts.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">