• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How can I remove my boyfriend from my home if he doesn't want to leave.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Help!! ALMOST SAME PROBLEM except he's been here a year and I've begged him to leave since around March of this year.

Differences:
He does no repairs, never paid a bill, is a drug user, has no job, IS emotionally abusive and has been physically abusive and says if I call cops he'll beat me until they get here. He breaks my stuff, steals and has people come and go at all hours. His actions HAVE caused police to be here before and they never make anyone leave.
He eats my food and leaves me nothing and he's traded off and sold off my stuff. We do not get along even a tiny bit. We have zero calm chats
I'm not allowed to leave my bedroom or even go pee without dealing with consequences. He insists on sleeping in my bed and won't sleep elsewhere...and no, there is no physical relationship nor has there been for months and months but he has threatened to "take it" and plays with himself in my bed while I tell him stop and no.

I can't lock it because he WILL break the lock. I can't move stuff to my room because I'm tiny but under a lot of weight.

Also, I'm 9 months pregnant.
I'm actually past my due date. I'm terrified of what will happen when I go to deliver and he doesn't drive but is threatening me while I get to arrange my ride to hospital. I've not even been to a baby doctor because I can't leave even with females. I've not left but once for the entire 2018 year!!!
You need to start your own thread. More importantly, when you are the the hospital to have your child, you NEED to speak to a social worker ALONE.

HRZ

You need to start your own thread ...and quite frankly you need legal counsel before noon tomorrow morning ...it's going to get worse if you don't get some professional help as to your options ..and I'm presuming it's his child as well.

DawnDropkick

(y)
You need to start your own thread. More importantly, when you are the the hospital to have your child, you NEED to speak to a social worker ALONE.
I'm actually sneaking to write this after a Google Search brought up the thread specifically. I will move it if I can get another minute unattended. As you can imagine privacy is hard- he does follow me to the bathroom as well.

It is his.. I got pregnant when we first met due to a "condom issue" (now realizing it probably wasn't an accident). He has no rights to baby in my state because I am married and baby is automatically considered my husband's unless we are completely divorced.

I've arranged an adoption to protect baby but I'm afraid to push too much because it could cause a lag in adoption (on top of now not being able to sign the power of attorney because my ID has been disposed of.. )
I've been trying to be sure baby doesn't come home for their safety.

Last edited:

DawnDropkick

Also it's Friday afternoon and chances of being able to get legal counsel isn't likely.. I probably an going to deliver before Monday and I'm hoping he can't make me stay here during delivery or something.. I am surprised ive been able to type this without him taking it and reading..
He made it clear he will be over the top of me during delivery watching me

Actually will try to check back I can hear him coming now

HRZ

You need legal counsel ASAP whatever it takes ...freezing bio dad out of picture may not be as easy as you think it is ...unless married hubby is willing to play games to suit ..and there may be no reason for him to,want to,sort out your mess.

PLUS tenants have a pile of rights in CA and getting rid of an unwanted tenant via eviction requires keen attention to the rules

HRZ

Not to be funny, but if he threatens physical violence or actually hits you that is an ideal time to call 911 and do your darndest to make sure police react to the domestic violence ...you might even get a protection order which bars him form the area?

You are nuts to suffer the presence on a tenant in the delivery room or anywhere close to same .

IF his drug of choice is not one of the ones tolerated of late in CA and he has such drugs stored in an area in your home NOT where he is entitled to privacy , have you considered inviting police over to inspect ?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
IF his drug of choice is not one of the ones tolerated of late in CA and he has such drugs stored in an area in your home NOT where he is entitled to privacy , have you considered inviting police over to inspect ?
BAD IDEA - the OP lives there too - she could be arrested for it.

HRZ

A good point by Zigner...it would be safer if the drug user was busted off your premises

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">