• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How can I temp stop her

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state? Georgia

My wife has just informed me that she has gotton an apartment and she is planning on taking my three girls and our stuff and move this coming sunday

What can I file to stop her from removing the girls and the joint property from the house temporarily

LdiJ

bobingeorgia said:
What is the name of your state? Georgia

My wife has just informed me that she has gotton an apartment and she is planning on taking my three girls and our stuff and move this coming sunday

What can I file to stop her from removing the girls and the joint property from the house temporarily
I don't know that you can. You can stop her from moving out of the area/state...but I don't think you can stop her from moving from the house.

Do you want an amicable/civil separation or a hostile one? What is going to be best for your children in the long run? Believe me, your children will thank you if this does not become a "war".

I dont want one at all but since I have no choice then I'll take the civil one.

The point is she wants a hostile one. I think its wrong to just rip the kids out of the house just because you can. She or the kids are not in any danger. I would like a custody hearing to determine who is best fit to be the primary parent. And I dont want her to take all of my stuff with her

There has to be something

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Well, realistically speaking you have to be out of the house you're in shortly anyway - so they're being taken from their home regardless. There is likely little you can do with this short of a timeframe.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">