• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How did i get a warrant when the case was continued?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sheadeegan

What is the name of your state?
Kansas
Hello my name is Shea and since my lawyer isnt available im gonna do this. Long story shot, i had a court date on the 21st this month, but i was told by my attorneys office on that morning the date had been continued to later and that i didnt have to appear, despite this they issued a warrant for failure to appear. The weird thing is that the warrant said it was issued on the 17th, and i know i didnt have a court date that day unless they didnt notify me about it, which would be twice that they gave me a court appearance and didnt notify me in any way, and then arrested me.

Taxing Matters

Overtaxed Member
Unfortunately no one here will know any more about why the warrant was issued than you do. You'd need to either ask the court or your attorney to find that out. I recommend talking to your lawyer, since your conversations with him/her are privileged.

quincy

What is the name of your state?
Kansas
Hello my name is Shea and since my lawyer isnt available im gonna do this. Long story shot, i had a court date on the 21st this month, but i was told by my attorneys office on that morning the date had been continued to later and that i didnt have to appear, despite this they issued a warrant for failure to appear. The weird thing is that the warrant said it was issued on the 17th, and i know i didnt have a court date that day unless they didnt notify me about it, which would be twice that they gave me a court appearance and didnt notify me in any way, and then arrested me.
You need to discuss the court hearings and the failure to appear warrant and arrest with your attorney. Your attorney is the one with access to all of the facts.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">