• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How difficult to prove voluntary underpaid.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Shella677

In Virgina... the custodial parent is considered <150% poverty level so the guideline can be based on sole custody instead of shared when both parents have 50,/50 custody. The custodial parent is underpaid bc she voluntary works minimum part time. Both kids are in school and the custody is 50/50. How difficult will it be to request we use the share custody guidelines instead of sole bc of her income

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
In Virgina... the custodial parent is considered <150% poverty level so the guideline can be based on sole custody instead of shared when both parents have 50,/50 custody. The custodial parent is underpaid bc she voluntary works minimum part time. Both kids are in school and the custody is 50/50. How difficult will it be to request we use the share custody guidelines instead of sole bc of her income
I'm sure that we cannot tell you how difficult it will be to prove something like this in your specific set of circumstances. You may wish to speak to an attorney for guidance.

not2cleverRed

Obvious Observer
Yes, I understand. We have an upcoming appointment, it can't come soon enough.
Who is "we"? If you are not a legal parent of the children, then there is no "we".

I only ask, because Shella is not the most masculine sounding name, and stepparents sometimes overstep.

Shella677

I clearly do not see an answer from you. My husband is the legal parent and we because we both will be attending the consultation with the attorney. Maybe I should update my name to reflect a joint account??

Zigner

I clearly do not see an answer from you. My husband is the legal parent and we because we both will be attending the consultation with the attorney. Maybe I should update my name to reflect a joint account??
This matter does not involve you. Your role is to sit in the background and let your husband handle his own legal matters.

Oh, and the answer you got is that there's no way we can guess what will happen in your husband's specific situation.

Shella677

I am an authorized individual on his case with the state and am able to inquire and submit anything needed. Didn't not realize I needed that for a public forum. Stepping out

Zigner

I am an authorized individual on his case with the state and am able to inquire and submit anything needed. Didn't not realize I needed that for a public forum. Stepping out
Being authorized to talk to the state child support enforcement folks doesn't mean that this is your legal matter. Not at all.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">