• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How do I comply with the CAN-SPAM act in this specific case?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Eddie123

Hello, I'm working on a drop-shipping online business that sells garden furniture and ornaments. I plan to reach my clients through having them opt-in to my email list, then start sending them informational emails.
In these emails I will use text that I wrote, giving them garden information, then every few emails I will send them one that recommends them to add a certain item to their garden, then direct them to my online store.
My question is: in my selling emails, the ones that are sort of an infomercial, what guidelines do I have to maintain in order to comply with the CAN-SPAM rules?
Thank you.

FlyingRon

Never send email to someone who specifically hasn't requested it. Provide an unsubscribe link at the bottom of each message. Do not obscure the source of the message. Make sure the subject line corresponds to the content of the message. Provide your legitimate PHYSICAL address in the message. Warn if there is any adult content.

Just Blue

Hello, I'm working on a drop-shipping online business that sells garden furniture and ornaments. I plan to reach my clients through having them opt-in to my email list, then start sending them informational emails.
In these emails I will use text that I wrote, giving them garden information, then every few emails I will send them one that recommends them to add a certain item to their garden, then direct them to my online store.
My question is: in my selling emails, the ones that are sort of an infomercial, what guidelines do I have to maintain in order to comply with the CAN-SPAM rules?
Thank you.
What U.S. State are you in?

Eddie123

What U.S. State are you in?
I don't live in the US. I live in Israel and have a legitimate business here, and also happens to have plenty of useful information about gardening and good English, I just don't have a big market here.
My plan is to work with drop- shipping, so I sell products of suppliers that are located in the states and make the delivery of the item to the client.
What I'm trying to understand is how to comply with the US rules, and how to send emails that are recommending about a product then directing the client (that has opted-in with me from his own will) to my e-commerce store?

quincy

I don't live in the US. I live in Israel and have a legitimate business here, and also happens to have plenty of useful information about gardening and good English, I just don't have a big market here.
My plan is to work with drop- shipping, so I sell products of suppliers that are located in the states and make the delivery of the item to the client.
What I'm trying to understand is how to comply with the US rules, and how to send emails that are recommending about a product then directing the client (that has opted-in with me from his own will) to my e-commerce store?
Here is a link to the Federal Trade Commission's (FTC) "CAN-SPAM Act: A Compliance Guide for Business:"
https://www.ftc.gov/slideshow-items/can-spam-act-compliance-guide-business
OR
https://www.ftc.gov/tips-advice/business-center/guidance/can-spam-act-compliance-guide-business

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">