• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How do i discharge my prison bond

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

justalayman

How are you asking this from state prison?
How are you asking this from state prison?
Could be somebody asking for the prisoner

Could be a prisoner with an illegal phone

But I’m not understanding the question itself. A prison bond? Discharging it and obtaining release?

I think the op needs to explain their question.

Prison is a post conviction institution and then, in most states, involving serious crimes. Incarceration of less than a year is typicallly served in jail. If they are in prison it’s probable they have already been convicted and there is no bonded release available.

But you don’t discharge a bond to be released. You purchase a bond to be released pending a trial. The courts discharge a bond when a person is incarcerated after being convicted or is found not guilty.

In some states the courts carry the bond and the “purchase cost” is refunded to the payor once the case is disposed of and the bond discharged.

In other words, what the op asked makes no sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">