• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How do I drop DV charges against my boyfriend?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.



What is the name of your state? Washington State

About a week ago my boyfriend and I got into an altercation. He thought I was cheating on him, so he broke through my front door. He never touched me or anything, but he was questioning me etc. I called the police after 2 hours because I wasn't sure what to do. My friends and family coerced me into doing so. I filed a restraining order like the police told me to do.

He has been officially charged with Criminal Trespass 2 and Malicious Mischief 3. Gross Misdemeanors I believe.

It has been about a week now, and I want to reconcile things with him. I'm getting the restraining order removed today. But I need to find out how to drop these charges against him. I KNOW that it is going to be difficult because I will have to get a hold of the city prosecutor. Since it is not me pressing the charges, how do I get him to let this go? What do I need to do or say? I talked with someone down at the courthouse who said to just write him a letter and she will put it in his file so when he looks at the case he will see it. But she said he doesn't even look at the cases until the day of the hearing. I need to do something before then though. What do you recommend?



The DA is only one that can drop charges. You will have to wait until the hearing to speak with the DA. The DA will talk with you because you are victim.

Too many people pressed charges, then later changed their minds. Trust me, you aren't only one that want to drop charges.

vindictive X

Aren't you in another post saying your boyfriend has another girl claiming she is pregnant? Seems to me you have problems!



Glad I wasn't the only one who recognized her name!



Senior Member
Dump him Amber & his baggage, he's a waste of your time. Find someone else to love. You can't drop the charges, you aren't the one bringing them. Get up on the stand and say it didn't happen could mean charges brought against you by the DA including but limited to: fileing a false report, repayment of many $$ required to bring the case to trail.


Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential