• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How do I file for Objection of Jurisdiction Indiana

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Angel444

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Illinois
How do I file for objection of Jurisdiction in Indiana.

I and my son have lived in Illinois since 2005 as well as my STBX has. I bought a home in Indiana to live with him as he always communted for a job for many years. But his license, registration for cars, mailing, taxes, federal taxes, voter registration and mailing was in Illinois until July August of 2017.

He left me with an inoperable car, drained our bank account, left me sick and moved another woman into the house in Indiana. He file there in July 19. I was served August 4, in Illinois.

I tried legal aid Illinois they can't help as filed Indiana. Legal aid Indiana can't help as I am not a resident there.

He turned off phone. He is shutting utitlites. He got a continuance until Jan.

There have been no orders from court yet. I have asked nothing of court to be under jurisdiction.

I put money on our houses over years, helped him get jobs, paid off 50,000 of his debt when first married. I have not worked in years now as he commuted and I home schooled our son, took care of everything here and balanced two places so we were debt free.

Someone told me to file an objection of jurisdiciton right away, which I will now do and serve him and hope they throw out as I have proof was not a legal residence as of July when filed and try to file in Illinois right away as that is where my son and I live and entitled to alimony. I tried to start a web business, but he shut off phone and internet, as well as left me no money to pay my server or domains which I lost.

Can I write to judge reason why I had not filed yet as no phone, had to get on in my name, no car, no money and tried to get help and now filing myself. I can at least walk to court house here. I use to be an elected official, own my own buisiness, put money on his things, helped him get jobs, and modeled. I can't believe I am in this mess. Any help greatly appreciated. Sorry for length.

CTU

Meddlesome Priestess
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Illinois
How do I file for objection of Jurisdiction in Indiana.

I and my son have lived in Illinois since 2005 as well as my STBX has. I bought a home in Indiana to live with him as he always communted for a job for many years. But his license, registration for cars, mailing, taxes, federal taxes, voter registration and mailing was in Illinois until July August of 2017.

He left me with an inoperable car, drained our bank account, left me sick and moved another woman into the house in Indiana. He file there in July 19. I was served August 4, in Illinois.

I tried legal aid Illinois they can't help as filed Indiana. Legal aid Indiana can't help as I am not a resident there.

He turned off phone. He is shutting utitlites. He got a continuance until Jan.

There have been no orders from court yet. I have asked nothing of court to be under jurisdiction.

I put money on our houses over years, helped him get jobs, paid off 50,000 of his debt when first married. I have not worked in years now as he commuted and I home schooled our son, took care of everything here and balanced two places so we were debt free.

Someone told me to file an objection of jurisdiciton right away, which I will now do and serve him and hope they throw out as I have proof was not a legal residence as of July when filed and try to file in Illinois right away as that is where my son and I live and entitled to alimony. I tried to start a web business, but he shut off phone and internet, as well as left me no money to pay my server or domains which I lost.

Can I write to judge reason why I had not filed yet as no phone, had to get on in my name, no car, no money and tried to get help and now filing myself. I can at least walk to court house here. I use to be an elected official, own my own buisiness, put money on his things, helped him get jobs, and modeled. I can't believe I am in this mess. Any help greatly appreciated. Sorry for length.
No, you can't write to the judge (well you can, but the judge will never see it).

You really need to do whatever you can to get an attorney. Failing that is there a law school nearby? A law library?

Angel444

Thank you very much CTU no, but I have been researching online. Many attorneys won't take as I don't have the down as he took everything. I have called everywhere. So I have found a blank form and an attorney gave me advice over phone to file a objection of jurisdiction. So trying to figure out how to do that tonight, and file it with clerk by fax tomorrow.

Should add his clerk told me to write to Judge. I never did as didn't want under his jurisdiction. Now that I know to file this and hope and pray. Will just wanted to let him know I was left with no car, or money and have tried legal services so he didn't think I waivered my motion due to not doing earlier. My ex is trying to abuse me through courts knowing I have no money for attorney or way to get there it is a couple hours a way with no car and sick

Last edited:

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Thank you very much CTU no, but I have been researching online. Many attorneys won't take as I don't have the down as he took everything. I have called everywhere. So I have found a blank form and an attorney gave me advice over phone to file a objection of jurisdiction. So trying to figure out how to do that tonight, and file it with clerk by fax tomorrow.

Should add his clerk told me to write to Judge. I never did as didn't want under his jurisdiction. Now that I know to file this and hope and pray. Will just wanted to let him know I was left with no car, or money and have tried legal services so he didn't think I waivered my motion due to not doing earlier. My ex is trying to abuse me through courts knowing I have no money for attorney or way to get there it is a couple hours a way with no car and sick
If you do this improperly you are ceding jurisdiction to Indiana. You need to do it 100% correctly. If this is a divorce and you own houses in both places and the child was born during the marriage, the child could be considered a resident of both states. And Indiana could definitely have jurisdiction over you and the divorce at the very least. COULD. Before you file, pay for an attorney to review your documents at the very least.

FlyingRon

Unless he's in the military, it takes six months to establish residency in Indiana in order to file a divorce proceeding there. Are you sure about the dates he left the state (we're getting close)?

Anyhow, even if you thwart the current action, all he needs to do is wait another month or two and refile.

LdiJ

Unless he's in the military, it takes six months to establish residency in Indiana in order to file a divorce proceeding there. Are you sure about the dates he left the state (we're getting close)?

Anyhow, even if you thwart the current action, all he needs to do is wait another month or two and refile.
Unless she files in IL first after thwarting the current action.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">