• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How do I file?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.



I live in California and need to know how to begin to file a personal bankryptsy.


Senior Member
The easiest way would be to look in the yellow pages under attorneys. You should find a plethora of ads from attorneys that handle bankruptcy actions. Cost can range from a couple hundred to thousands (plus filing fees) depending how complicated your case is. You can also use a paralegal service, they help you fill out the paperwork but you do all the footwork. Some folks go for the do it yourself method, check your local library or bookstore for books on do it yourself bankruptcy.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential