• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How do I find out if my child inhereited anything?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.


Junior Member
What is the name of your state? california

my daughter's grandfather died feb 1 2005, his son and I are not in contact -his choice not mine. I worked really hard for the family business and took care of my ex's dad for nearly ten years. I want nothing for myself, but I'm curious how I'd find out about the details of the trust and will, I know for fact he had a living trust which the benificiaries were to be his own 4 children rightfullly so. But There were 3 trusts ......one was the house which was sold I 'm told for him to pay for assisted care at a facility which upon entering he died 4 months later. The second was a bussiness which as soon as i split from my ex he basically bankrupted it and I believe they were brought before the tax beauro for mistakes made in the paper trail. I'm unsure if the living trusts were even valid or declared invalid, Ifound a summory but no outcome of the case. the third trust was investments stocks in companies that he bought into......the house and investments were split with all 4 kids two seperate marriages. The bussiness and its assets even if sold off were solely to my ex as bennificiary. But he could have changed things because he was quite fed up and disapointed with his son (my ex was using drugs he didn't approve at all)

how could I find out what happened and if my daughter perhaps has a college trust or could bennifit? Since dad doesn't pay child support it would be handy if avaiable.

i have all his info ssn date of birth everything......(i did all the accounting records for our business) I just don't know where to look

Dandy Don

Senior Member
Check at the county courthouse probate court for the county of the city where he died to see if probate was filed, assuming he left a last will and testament and get the name and address of the executor, whom you can contact for more information about the trust. Actually, since you think your daughter may be beneficiary, if she is an adult, it is SHE who needs to be contacting the executor and asking for a copy of the trust.

DANDY DON IN OKLAHOMA ([email protected])

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential