• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How do I get a QDRO signed off?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Hope4Char

How long do you have to wait for the defense to sign and agree to a QDRO
I have been waiting since it was approved by my Union in April of 2016. It was sent to plans without my even seeing it and approved as a good QDRO Money Purchase Account. And it was sent back for the Judge's signature and I was told by my attorney the Judge would not sign until we all were in agreement. Then I was told the defendant had some questions to ask my Union but from then until the present time they have never asked any questions nor called the Union I worked for. I have emailed Plans and asked how long I have to wait and they answer that the Judge has to sign it before it can be distributed. The Decree reads 50 of the account balance which is from a married date and the divorce date. She has the option to keep it there or a lump sum. Nothing about gains and or losses. Now the QDRO shows half of the account balance and any gains until the money is divided and given to her. So does that mean from 2007 until 2016 then to present? I did ask for that language to be changed and was told it could not be done. Any help is much appreciated. This has caused me financially ruined.

FlyingRon

Eh? You seem to have jumped in the middle here.

What state is this?

Why aren't you asking your attorney about all this?

I find it odd that the union has a role in approving the QDRO at all. It's an issue between the parties (your ex and you) and the court.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">