• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How do I get my court appointed atty to work for me.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

W

WayneH

I live in CA and have been facing a problem in Evansville Indiana for almost a year. I have done everything they have asked of me includeing flying back there at my own expense just so they could question me. After all of the sessions I was told that things looked pretty good for me and that they didn't anticipate my having any problems,I was led to believe that I would be cleared of any involvement. I just got back from an appearence the 13th. at which they offered me 7years or go to trial! I have a court appointed atty. who has never called me to find out antthing about this case, who thought I had charges against me here in CA related to this case I found out when I spoke to him on the 13th. at court
He informed me that I needed to move back to Indiana so he could talk to me more about this case. It's clear he is not representing me very well at all and I fear I will get prison time if I do not get some help. Just what kind of representation am I entitled to and how do I get it!

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by WayneH:
I live in CA and have been facing a problem in Evansville Indiana for almost a year. I have done everything they have asked of me includeing flying back there at my own expense just so they could question me. After all of the sessions I was told that things looked pretty good for me and that they didn't anticipate my having any problems,I was led to believe that I would be cleared of any involvement. I just got back from an appearence the 13th. at which they offered me 7years or go to trial! I have a court appointed atty. who has never called me to find out antthing about this case, who thought I had charges against me here in CA related to this case I found out when I spoke to him on the 13th. at court
He informed me that I needed to move back to Indiana so he could talk to me more about this case. It's clear he is not representing me very well at all and I fear I will get prison time if I do not get some help. Just what kind of representation am I entitled to and how do I get it!
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

My response:

You know the old saying, "You get what you pay for." In this case, and all over the country, Public Defenders are overworked and underpaid by the "system" and no one wants to pay, or is able to pay, and there are not enough Public Defenders to assist in lightening the load. The System is swamped and overloaded with indigent defendants and, while a defense is supposed to be virgorous and zealous, that type of defense takes time and energy that, within the System, is rare and a "luxury." Most indigent defendants get a "bare-bones" defense. The only way to have a fighting chance is to obtain a privately paid attorney. Good luck to you.

IAAL

------------------
By reading the “Response” to your question or comment, you agree that: The opinions expressed herein by "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE" are designed to provide educational information only and are not intended to, nor do they, offer legal advice. Opinions expressed to you in this site are not intended to, nor does it, create an attorney-client relationship, nor does it constitute legal advice to any person reviewing such information. No electronic communication with "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE," on its own, will generate an attorney-client relationship, nor will it be considered an attorney-client privileged communication. You further agree that you will obtain your own attorney's advice and counsel for your questions responded to herein by "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE."

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">