• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How do i go about getting my sister out of a skilled nurseing facility after a stroke when her daughter wants to leave her there?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

PayrollHRGuy

You go to court and try and become her guardian. But all things being equal there is very little chance the court will overrule the daughter.

Kcrose

You go to court and try and become her guardian. But all things being equal there is very little chance the court will overrule the daughter.
Her daughter does not do anything to help her mother her mother wants to come home why isnt she given the right to be happy with the impaired life she now has

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Her daughter does not do anything to help her mother her mother wants to come home why isnt she given the right to be happy with the impaired life she now has
Wanting to come home and being able to come home are two different matters. What makes you feel that it's in her best interest to go home. Who will care for her at home?

Kcrose

She's not getting her needs met in a skilled nurseing facility she should be receiving treatment from a stroke facility but her daughter doesnt care

Just Blue

The daughter is helping her mother...she placed her with skilled professionals. How old is your sister and how old are you? Are you physically able to care for a disabled adult or are you able to afford outside professionals to come to your home daily?

Kcrose

There are many resources for her benefit IHSS would be involved as well as many other she is my sister she deserves more than what she's getting

Kcrose

She may never rehabilitate anymore than she already has she wants to come home I'm sure it wont be easy but how do I just leave her there knowing she's n ok t happy

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">