• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

how do I know if a corporation is legitimate

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

Jerry Leslie

What is the name of your state? colorado
I am interested in joining a corporation called Gasupusa,inc. how do I know that they are a legitimate company. I know they are registered in Pa and have a legal department. Everything seems to be on the up and up, but I want to be absolutely sure. Thanks for your help.
[email protected]

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Jerry Leslie said:
What is the name of your state? colorado
I am interested in joining a corporation called Gasupusa,inc. how do I know that they are a legitimate company. I know they are registered in Pa and have a legal department. Everything seems to be on the up and up, but I want to be absolutely sure. Thanks for your help.
[email protected]

My response:

Any corporation with a name like that CAN'T be real. Every time you mention it to your friends, they snicker!

But, if you insist, contact the Pennsylvania Department of Corporations to see if they are in good standing.

IAAL

Last edited:
J

Jerry Leslie

is a company Legit

colorado, I have already checked the PA records they are there and in good standing, this however doesnot make them a legal entity does it? To I am always liable

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Re: is a company Legit

Jerry Leslie said:
colorado, I have already checked the PA records they are there and in good standing, this however doesnot make them a legal entity does it? To I am always liable

My response:

A corporation, having followed the rules and laws of its State of incorporation is, in fact, a "legal entity." In the eyes of the law, a corporation is a "person" with rights and privileges just like a flesh and blood person.

All because a corporation is in "good standing", doesn't necessarily mean they are financially sound. Hell, the day before "Enron Corporation" fell apart at the seams, it was in "good standing" also.

I wish I knew what you meant by "joining" this company. Are you joining as an employee, an investor, what?

IAAL

J

Jerry Leslie

i am joining as a member with the ability to recruit other members. This company gives a 21% discount on gas and other member benifits, in fact that is how I got into this website. It is an MLM company and I want to make sure it is all legal before I get too deep into it. I know of people who have gotten the gas, the benifits and made a commission for selling memberships already. I just want to make sure it is legal. Thank you so much for your time and expertise

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">