• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How Do I Lower My Child Support

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

8CHILDREN

Washington State

I Remarried And Had Two Children With My New Wife. My New Wife Had To Quit Her Job To Take Care Of Our Children, Which One Of Our Kids Has A Life Threatning Illness Which Means Shes In The Hospital Alot And When She Is Home She Has Alot, Almost Daily Dr Appts. So What I Am Asking Is, I Pay Child Support For Three Kids And My Expensies Are Alot More Now Then When The Child Support Was First Put On And I Am Finding Myself Juggleing The Bills Every Month And Sometimes Letting Some Of Them Over Lap And Getting Diconnection Notices On My Phone Bill And Electric. With My Daughters Condition I Cant Afford To Loose My Power As For She Is On A Ventalator At Night And On Oxegen So I Need A Phone In Order To Call 911. So Please Help Me Figure Out What I Can Do. I Am At My Last Straw. Thank You For Your Time.

Last edited:

rmet4nzkx

You may file for modification of child support, however, it may not be lowered.
Insofar as the disconnect notices, check with your local utilities, they often have special programs for persons with low income and or disabilities.
Contact your state department of developmental disabilities for assessment and referals. In some cases, depending on the condition of your child, they may be eligible for state assistance and paid caregivers. I can't be more specific without more facts.

8CHILDREN

Lower Child Support Please

My Ex Wife Would Never Get A Job But I Have Recently Found Out That She Has A Job Now And She Lives With Her Parents Not Having To Pay Anything But I Am Responsible For A Total Of Three Kids And My New Wife Plus Pay Child Support For My Other Three Kids And Like I Said Pryer My Daughter Is Medically Fragile And Is On A Ventilator At Night. We Have Tried To Get Help From The State And Social Security For Her But They Tell Me That I Make To Much Money And I Find It Hard To Believe When I Am Struggling So Much. I Cant Talk To My Ex About It Because She Always Turns Everything Into An Agrument And Says Oh Well Not Her Problem. Yes It Was A Very Nasty Divorce.

rmet4nzkx

File to modify child support if she now has a job, that is a chage in circumstances.
Have you contacted the department of developmental disabilities?

8CHILDREN

Lower Child Support

Yes My Daughter Is In With Ddd But They Really Dont Help Much After She Turns 4 In Dec. The Funds That They Are Able To Help With Would Be 1500. One Time Only But She Was Put On A Waiting List For It And They Told Me That Nobody Has Received It For Two Years So We Are Stuck. Could My Ex Be In Trouble For Not Letting The Dept Of Support And Enforcment Know That She Is Working Or They Dont Care As Long As The Father Pays The Child Support OH YEAH I CANT PROVE THAT SHE HAS A JOB BUT THE KIDS TELL ME THAT SHE DOES BUT THEY DONT KNOW WHERE SHE WORKS

Last edited:

8CHILDREN

Do I Take A Chance Of Increasing My Support That I Already Pay? What If I Dont Know Where She Works? The Kids Says She Has A Job But They Dont Know Where She Works. I Cant Afford What I Pay Now And If They Increase It Then I Really Wouldnt Be Able To Survive.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">