• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How do I obtain full copy of my DCS records?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K95booker

i Am an adult now and would like to obtain the full record of my DCS files including all files and reports. I am wondering how do I go about doing this or where do so get the FOIA request form.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
The state involved matters. The year of the adoption may also. And whether the adoption was open, closed... You've really provided no helpful info.

K95booker

Ok wel I came to this site because I was on Indiana website so I assumed this was for aindiana cases. My apologies if not. And the other information I don’t need to provide to just simply know where to obtain the proper request form from Allen county. The cases are less than 10 years old. In Indiana.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Ok wel I came to this site because I was on Indiana website so I assumed this was for aindiana cases. My apologies if not. And the other information I don’t need to provide to just simply know where to obtain the proper request form from Allen county. The cases are less than 10 years old. In Indiana.
Contact DCS in your county and ask them.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
In other word you (1) screwed up by not listing your state, but want to be snippy about it and (2) don't feel like answering the questions you are being asked by the volunteers who want to help you.

Just Blue

Hire an Indiana Attorney to assist. We rather not assist rude children.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">